"Apostate" T-shirts by "Tuesday"...

by ziddina 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

For those of you who have seen "Tuesday's" T-shirts, or those of you who visited this thread and clicked on the link to "Zazzle", I purchased several of these T-shirts...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/196958/1/I-made-this-for-PropagandaTechniques-on-youtube-but-the-folks-here-might-like-it

ASilentOne commented that I might "look foolish" wearing these T-shirts around town (Denver, Colorado, over 1 million people...), so I decided to WEAR them and see what happened...

There have been NO comments whatsoever. I've worn the "Watchtower is a PAGAN symbol" T to the library and health-food store. I wore the lil-devil "APOSTATE" T-shirt to the grocery store last night, and wandered ALL up and down the aisles with it, observing peoples' reactions...

Most people didn't give it a second glance. Some people looked puzzled, a few frowned, and the Goths...

The GOTHS LOVED IT!!! Every "Goth" or Goth-like person who looked at it grinned and commented to their pal/buddy/companion on it with a smile...

So, THERE, ASilent One!!! No one ELSE thought I looked "foolish" when wearing these T-shirts...

Zid

• asilentone
    asilentone

They do not want to hurt your feelings.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

The Apostate one and the 144,001 shirts are my favorites. Though the "I LOVE Jehovah's Witnesses I HATE the Watchtower Organization" is growing on me.

My latest one is the Generation one you were asking about but I made a bit of a design so it's a bit more of a parody...

http://www.zazzle.com/generation_of_1914_tshirt-235563943810299581

• ziddina
    ziddina

"They do not want to hurt your feelings..."

Yeahhhh.... The average Denverite who doesn't know me from Adam, is going to be concerned about my feelings....

I could tell by their physical reaction/body language whether they liked the T-shirts or not...

Zid

[edited...]

I forgot to add: Naner Naner boo BOO!! (Heh, heh... )

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, Tuesday!! I like your latest version; even tho I'm in trouble for charging so many T-shirts on my 'card', I'm going to get that one!!

Zid

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I was figuring Goth folks would like the shirts, that's mostly the type of shirt I like and hence the type that I design. I'm really sad my "Is Still Afraid of Demonized Smurf Dolls" shirt. If you have a place near you that makes T-Shirts if you send me your e-mail I'll send you the design so you can make it. That was my absolute favorite one.

When I finish the Drunk for a Decade shirts that will without a doubt be my biggest seller.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Don't worry 'bout sending me the design; I airbrush T-shirts and fabric occasionally and will "rough" one up...

That "Drunk for a Decade" sounds intriguing, but other than the fact that many JWs are closet alcoholics, I don't get it...

Am looking forward to seeing it, though...

Must go check my email; I forgot my blasted password for Zazzle again...

Zid

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

That "Drunk for a Decade" sounds intriguing, but other than the fact that many JWs are closet alcoholics, I don't get it...

It's a take off of a concert shirt, I have the front design on a mug on my zazzle store right now. Then on the back it's going to have dates with places like "Jail" "My best friend's couch", etc.

The Watchtower is a PAGAN symbol isn't one of my shirts, mine are all made for humor.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"The Watchtower is a PAGAN symbol isn't one of my shirts, mine are all made for humor. ..."

Whoops... My mistake... I went on a shopping spree and have probably been attributing your authorship to T-shirts originated by someone else...

Anyway, I like the "Battery" 1914 Generation T-shirt, and must get one... I showed your shirts "lil-devil Apostate", "I was #144,001 and all I got was this lousy shirt" and the rest of my collection to the Ex-JW get-together in the area and they REALLY liked your shirts!! (That time I got the authorship right, I think...)

I posted a new thread with Zazzle's address on their website, too, so maybe you'll have some more customers...

Zid

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

The funny part is I put the shirts up so that I could buy them and the off chance someone else will like them too. That's pretty much the requirement for me to make a shirt, that I find it funny. The percentage I make is something like $1.50 per shirt, if I could've made it 0 I would've just so people could get them really cheaply.

But yes, any shirt that seems bitter is someone else's, any one that has a bit of a smirk behind it is from me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit