Who knows how many posters on here from west coast B.C. Any meet-ups?

by clarity 15 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Are west coast Canadians a bit shy or what! Seems like USA has meet-ups and groups all over. Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm envious. Are there any groups in Victoria or Vancouver that any one knows of? It would be interesting to know the percentage of the Cdn membership as compared to the US exdubs. Maybe Simon could help with that? Thanks a bunch!

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

You're in B.C. too? Huzzah! I live in the interior myself but I don't mind a half a day's drive somewhere. I'd like to have something happen in my neck of the woods. I've run a search of the website here and I didn't find any record of anything happening in B.C. ever. Any other B.C.ers here? Let's start something!

BTW clarity, you should have posted this in a different section of this forum: under Members Only>Apostafests & Get-togethers. Can one of the mods move this thread please? Also PM me if you want to try to get something organized. If you want to PM someone click on a name you want to send a message to and you'll find yourself on their profile page. (Most are empty of info and not editable, dunno why.) Then on the bar at the top there will be a button that says "Send Message". Tell you what, if you don't mind I'll PM you first. Just click on the little envelope symbol at the top right of the page next to your name. Cya.

V665

• belbab
    belbab

My wife and I are in BC, on Vancouver Island.

Not far from us are two other exJWs who we see once in a while. It gets kinda lonesome out here.

We live on an acreage about 1/2 mile from the water.

We have a guest cottage, that has a double bed in the bedroom and a pull out couch in the living room and kitchen and full bathroom.

If anyone wants to spend a vacation on Vancouver Island, PM me, we would be glad meet others that have to same JW background that we have had.

Belbab

• misguided
    misguided

I live in the Okanagan, but could make a trip to the coast for a meetup.

• clarity
    clarity

Vampire - belbab - and - misguided - thank you all.

- couldn't get back on till now, used up all postings for 11 hrs! This is a little confusing at first isn't it! Giggles, guffaws and sniggers from any exjdub's on here will be considered as very elderetteish!! (haha) Now back to business, ..thanks for letting me know about putting this on the Apostafest site Vamp. Don't really get the PM thing, is it just an email? (btw what the heck is Bttt?)

Also a very generous offer Mr & Mrs belbab on Vancouver Isl, thank you so much, sounds wonderful.

Nice to hear from the Okanogan, hi misguided.

The only news I found out so far was that 7 or 8 exjdubs in Vancouver were interested in having a 'group' but were still waiting around for more interest. Looks like there must be more around who have been disillutioned by the crazy-making rules & doctrine of the watchtower! As this is relatively new for me, I'm going a bit slow with it. I'll post info on the right site - Apostafests & GetTogethers. Plse lets keep in touch via that site. Any direction or advice from our experienced friends would be very much appreciated!

A little aside - rebuilding is a healthy thing ... when we first come into the so called "truth", we are compelled to discard all our unbelieving friends and family, all the things that did bring enjoyment to our lives... also had to go. We were stripped of our lives. We did it willingly, for God. Little did we know then, if we tried to leave, they would do it again. So now to be (or having been) stripped of all JWfriends and family, now including grandchildren, ... we do (or will) stand quite naked! I could use a soft blankie wrapped around me, couldn't you?

clarity

• peacedog
    peacedog

Count me in.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

One more post here:

clarity, it's nice to see you back. I can harldy wait 'till things start to happen with the get-together. Swap some stories, drink a few and a few and a few and get . Maybe not quite THAT crazy. You get the drift. Anyhoo. PM = personal message. Ya, it's kinda like email, just that it's like a forum post that only you and the other person can see. BTTT = back to the top, meaning that the OP or others are not getting the amount of reponse to the topic as they'd like, so they make a short posting of BTTT to bump the message to the top of the active list. A.K.A. the "bump".

misguided, you have a PM. EDIT: I forgot to ask you if anything happened in Calgary. Did a get together work out there? Is it still on? Lemme know.

OUTLAW, I haven't had the privelege of swapping words with you yet. I heard you're from B.C. also. You still here? Come on over, party animal.

V665

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Vampire..

Lots of BCer`s here..

Orbison11 lives in BC..

She keeps a Preacher and a Wedding Dress locked in her trunk,for when she meets me..

So far I`ve been lucky..

........................OUTLAW

• clarity
    clarity

Vampire - bump it to the top aahhhh, I guess if I had known that .. then 'bump' would have been self explanatary! Many thanks for your help it is appreciated. As for the PM question, plse send me one. can't wait to try it! When you say edit do you mean your own info?

Glad you came on here Outlaw, even if you didn't say hi. I 've enjoyed reading your comments for the last 6mths.

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

Thanks Peacedog, you are included in! - clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit