Current GB Members?

by confliction 20 Replies latest jw friends

• confliction
    confliction

lol @agonus. Yeah, when Barr croaks I guess that means armageddon will start?

• asilentone
    asilentone

agonus, tell me about the HUGE red flags.

• agonus
    agonus

Actually, confliction, according to Jaracz, the 'beginning of the end' (i.e. birth pangs of Armageddon/Great Trib/whatever) started on 9/11 because 'apostates" (i.e. Barb Anderson) were coming out of the woodwork, not to mention they were exposed for joining the UN right around that time. Yeah, that's right, Ted, Jehovah caused 9/11 as a warning because the GB was becoming TOO LENIENT. Give me a fucking break.

• agonus
    agonus

Well, not to speak for others, but I've heard that Splane has gotten visibly angry at the podium, pounding his fist and insisting the R&F obey NO MATTER WHAT, giving an incredibly discouraging, depressing and hamfisted discourse on how evil the Internet, education, apostates, etc. are. Did I mention he started partaking at age 17? Watch the new DVD and tell me if he doesn't sound like the most smug, self-satisfied, condescending, oily little prick you've ever heard (It is OBVIOUS that Jehovah chose this organization... etc.) I remember one of my "waking up" moments came after hearing an experience from him about a young man who was not very happy "in the truth", then one day his father told him, (and here we go with the WT's sick-ass "tough love"), "Son, I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH to allow you NOT to "serve Jehovah". IT IS NOT AN OPTION." Oh, yeah, that's right, serving God and Christ is compulsory, not a matter of choice. Sure. Back that up with scripture, pal. Hell, even the Quran says "the faith shall be coerced upon noone"...

• Gayle
    Gayle

asilentone,,Steve Lett was my Book Study conductor in Brooklyn Heights Congregation (at Bethel) in '69 for 6 mos. Actually the book study was in Greenwich Village. I was in that congregation for 6 mos. while I was in "Primary." He was already a "partaker" which was strange for someone that age even then, even for a Bethelite.

• agonus
    agonus

I guess it's just a coincidence that Steve was already in the tri-borough area, and not a matter of convenience, eh?

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

Didnt Jackson's wife pass away recently? She was quite young.

• blondie
    blondie

If the early Christians had allowed six-year-olds to get baptized like the WTS does, six-year-olds would have been partaking since all Christians were anointed.

• aristeas
    aristeas

Gayle, thx for the info.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

when Barr croaks

Barr is dead. The present GB has seven members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit