How does GOVERNING BODY receive "NEW LIGHT"?

by UnDisfellowshipped 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

Spirits of the Dead" Brochure (1991), Page 18 says: "God no longer contacts people on earth by means of dreams, visions, or voices from the spirit world."

The Watchtower, May 1, 2004 Issue, Page 11, Paragraph says: "Jehovah does not communicate directly with anyone today."

Don't the WTS call itself the spirit directed organization ?

well who spirits are they using? Jim beams or Jack Daniels.

• peacedog
    peacedog

George:

Visiting speaker to our congregation earlier this year actually said from the platform: "The GB are in direct contact with Jehovah" Nobody batted an eyelid!

Sounds like the visiting speaker was quoting Rutherford:

When Jesus was on earth he had no advocate, because God dealt directly with him... It would seem that there would be no necessity for the "servant" [ie, WTS] to have an advocate such as the holy spirit, because the "servant" is in direct communication with Jehovah... -WT, 9/1/1930, p.263

The Society also claimed that the dead "Pastor" Russell was directing the "harvest work". Maybe New Light™ still comes from him?

Hence our dear Pastor, now in glory, is without doubt, manifesting a keen interest in the Harvest work, and is permitted by the Lord to exercise some strong influence thereupon. –WT, 11/1/1917, p325.

This verse (Revelation 8:3) shows that, though Pastor Russell has passed beyond the veil, he is still managing every feature of the harvest work. –The Finished Mystery, 1918, p144

For a while, Rutherford was convinced that the "remnant" received messages from angels:

Again Zechariah talked with the angel of the Lord, which shows that the remnant are instructed by the angels of the Lord. The remnant do not hear audible sounds, because such is not necessary. –Preparation, 1933, p. 64

...angels are delegated by the Lord to convey his instructions to the members of his organization on earth. Just how this is done is not necessary for us to understand. –WT, 12/1/1933, p. 364

These angels are invisible to human eyes and are there to carry out the orders of the Lord. No doubt they first hear the instruction which the Lord issues to his remnant and then these invisible messengers pass such instructions on the remnant.–Vindication III, 1932, p. 250

I think he was just trying to explain the voices in his head....

• Heaven
    Heaven

I think a lot of it is a direct response to what is being discussed and documented on the Internet.

AND...

They're documenting the images they see when they light their farts on fire.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The new light represents the best way to gain more $$, recruits. and retention. Bottom line.

• designs
    designs

Like I use to- Drink hard till you black out

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Thank you Peacedog for those quotes! Wow!

Talk about spiritism!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

As one Bethelite explained about the recent "new light" about the generation, the GB realized they were wrong in their original understanding. Hence they did more research and came to a new understanding. Consequently new light is a change from a wrong idea that the GB had. Of course the change can be wrong also, who knows until the GB realizes it is incorrect and creates more "new light".

• St George of England
    St George of England

Very interesting quotes Peacedog, thank you

George

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Maybe they receive New Light from their Legal Eagles?

Maybe they receive New Light when someone (possible even a non-anointed one) writes a book or article for them?

As a very small child, I saw people get in touch with the spirit world. They put an upturned glass on a polished table ... and ... and ... And it worked! Frightening and terrifying, even to this day the memory scares me.

Doug

• clarity
    clarity

Thanks for bringing this subject up Undisfellowshipped, terrific information here, ...and funny! Saw the following quote on this site, back when I first started to research. My printer was broken, but was so impressed, I copied it out by hand. (so maybe not exact). The insight someone on here has, is brilliant! Plse do not hesitate to say who did write it, if you know. I make no claim to it .....wish I was that smart!

"The Holy Spirit inspired the Bible Writers. He does not have to inspire the Readers. If so, there was no point in inspireing the Writers. It does not require an Inspired Man to interpret an Inspired Man. If so, the 1st Inspired Man's Book, is not a revelation, but is still a mystery! If we cannot understand the 1st Inspired Man, how can we understand the 2nd Inspired Man? Especially if ... they are Inspired by the Same Holy Spirit!"

So not only does the Governing Body NOT receive new light, they receive no light! They are REDUNDANT!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit