How does GOVERNING BODY receive "NEW LIGHT"?

by UnDisfellowshipped 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wobble
    wobble

Good points Doug,

The majority of modern scholars agree with you. Some even boldly state that it is so,and sit back and wait for a credible challenge which does not come. The gospels too, with the possible exception of Mark, are very late.

Dear Undisfellowshipped,

I see you do not include the zany quote from the " Revelation...Climax" book, which states that the "144,000" members already in Heaven , who the WT claim are the 24 Elders of Revelation, communicate with the GB/FDS today, look it up,it is a joke.

So, they believe that spirits of the dead are speaking to them directly today, something condemned many times in the Bible.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Prayer! T hey pray long and hard for Jehovah's guidance and direction!

This is the same way bodies of elders deal with things in the congregations.

I can understand long prayers; I am not too sure about hard prayers or hard praying.

PS This is from an actual letter, congregation to Branch!

• St George of England
    St George of England

"We have in no way made the claim that here we are above others in any way, or that we have some special pipeline to God or special information." -- J.R. Brown (June 30th, 2006)

Visiting speaker to our congregation earlier this year actually said from the platform: "The GB are in direct contact with Jehovah" Nobody batted an eyelid!

George

• carvin
    carvin

Mary- I love that cover..............priceless!

I have always thought, however no way to prove it, that all the changes in medical doctrine come about as a result of a GB member or their family needing a treatment. Transplants, no blood, some blood, etc.

If that could be proven then we could cause them some havoc.

Wobble - I pointed that Revelation book thing out during one of our many times through that stupid book and nobody got it! I said are those members in heaven, did they die, are they now speaking to the GB? Then the GB is talking to the dead...No that is not what it said. ARRRR.

Also, the trumpet blasts, talk about blowing your own horn! Sorry, but you know what I mean.

• pirata
  • chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

How did Brother Russell view his own role? Did he claim some special revelation from God? In the Watch Tower of July 15, 1906 (page 229), Russell humbly replied: “No, dear friends, I claim nothing of superiority, nor supernatural power, dignity or authority; nor do I aspire to exalt myself in the estimation of my brethren of the household of faith, except in the sense that the Master urged it, saying, ‘Let him who would be great among you be your servant.’ (Matt. 20:27.) . . . The truths I present, as God’s mouthpiece, were not revealed in visions or dreams, nor by God’s audible voice, nor all at once, but gradually . . . Neither is this clear unfolding of truth due to any human ingenuity or acuteness of perception, but to the simple fact that God’s due time has come; and if I did not speak, and no other agent could be found, the very stones would cry out.”

..............Spiritual instruction is provided by means of magazine articles, books, convention programs, and outlines for congregation discourses—all of which are prepared under the direction of the Governing Body of the faithful and discreet slave.

Uhmmmmm..........well, not exactly:

continuing the 25 April 1894 Extra Edition of Zion’s Watch Tower:

Of course Russell did not bother to question why he and his associates were ‘the agent’ that God in some way had chosen to reveal such ‘truths.’ But equally importantly, he was again deceiving himself without apparently recognizing the fact. That becomes clear from what he wrote on page 110 of the same article. There he wrote how, after prayer, the Lord had revealed to him the information he was to publish in Tabernacle Teachings and, later, in its revised form as Tabernacle Shadows of the Better Sacrifices.

Believing that the prayer would be answered affirmatively, I went into my study next morning prepared to study and write. The forenoon I spent in scrutinizing the text and every other Scripture likely to shed light upon it, especially the epistle to the Hebrews, and in looking to the Lord for wisdom and guidance; but no solution of the difficult passage came. The afternoon and evening were similarly spent, and all of the next day. Everything else was neglected, and I wondered why the Lord kept me so long; but on the third day near noon the whole matter came to me as clear as the ‘noon-day sun—so clear and convincing and so harmonious with the whole tenor of Scripture, that I could not question its correctness; and no one has ever yet been able to find a flaw in it. (This has been published in several editions in pamphlet form under the title, “THE TABERNACLE SHADOWS OF THE BETTER SACRIFICES,”

Direct Divine Guidance.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Mary..

Funny stuff!!..

I`m going to piss off a few relatives with it..LOL!!..

.....................OUTLAW

• tec
    tec

...they discover it when the old light fails.

Tammy

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Well they don't.They just change their mind about things that will affect about 7.300.000 lives wordlwide.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Wobble, thank you! I forgot to add the Revelation Climax Book quote! Here it is:

"Revelation -- Its Grand Climax At Hand!" Book (1988), Page 125:

Yes, that elder could locate the answer and give it to John. This suggests that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today. For their part, those of the John class on earth got to learn the identity of the great crowd by closely observing what Jehovah was performing in their midst. They were quick to appreciate the dazzling flash of divine light that emblazoned the theocratic firmament in 1935, at Jehovah’s due time.

The same teaching is also found in the new updated Revelation book, and it is also found in a new 2008 or 2009 Watchtower (I don't remember which issue, Blondie knows probably)

So, yes, the Watchtower Society teaches that the Faithful & Discreet Slave Class receives "dazzling flashes of divine light" from the Anointed Ones who have DIED.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit