Watchtower says: Anointed DO NOT have MORE Bible Understanding

by UnDisfellowshipped 22 Replies latest jw friends

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

The Anointed DO NOT have MORE Bible Understanding than the Great Crowd!

The Watchtower, June 15th, 1996, Page 31:

“The ‘other sheep’ today perform the same preaching work as the remnant, under the same trying conditions, and manifest the same faithfulness and integrity. They feed at the same spiritual table, eating the same food, absorbing the same truths. Being of the earthly class, with earthly hopes and a keen interest in earthly things, they might interest themselves more in scriptures relating to earthly conditions in the new world; whereas the anointed remnant, with heavenly hopes and strong personal interest in the things of the spirit, might study more diligently those things in God’s Word. . . . Yet the fact remains that the same truths and the same understanding are available to both classes, and it is just how the individuals apply themselves in study that determines the comprehension of heavenly and earthly things they acquire. The Lord’s spirit is available in equal portions to both classes, and knowledge and understanding are offered equally to both, with equal opportunities for absorbing it.”

The Watchtower, March 15th, 1991, Page 22:

In the first century C.E., when a general invitation was going out to seek entrance into the heavenly Kingdom, not all anointed Christians held positions of responsibility as members of the governing body or as elders or ministerial servants. Many were women, and they had no special authority; nor does spirit anointing bring extraordinary understanding of God’s Word, for Paul found it necessary to instruct and counsel certain anointed ones. (1 Corinthians 3:1-3; Hebrews 5:11-14) Those with the heavenly calling do not view themselves as prominent individuals, and they do not draw attention to their being anointed ones. Rather, they manifest the humility rightly expected of those having “the mind of Christ.” (1 Corinthians 2:16) They also realize that God’s righteous requirements must be met by all Christians, whether their hope is heavenly or earthly.

Professing to have a heavenly calling does not bring a person special revelations. God has a channel of communication through which he provides spiritual food for his earthly organization. (Matthew 24:45-47) So nobody should think that being an anointed Christian gives him wisdom superior to that of the “great crowd” with the earthly hope. (Revelation 7:9) Spirit anointing is not indicated by proficiency in witnessing, answering Scriptural questions, or giving Bible talks, for Christians with the earthly hope also do very well in these respects. Like anointed ones, they too are living exemplary Christian lives. For that matter, Samson and others of pre-Christian times had God’s spirit and were filled with zeal and understanding. Yet, none of that ‘great cloud of witnesses’ had the heavenly hope.—Hebrews 11:32-38; 12:1; Exodus 35:30, 31; Judges 14:6, 19; 15:14; 1 Samuel 16:13; Ezekiel 2:2.

• freydo
    freydo

That certainly explains why they're never consulted.

• oompa
    oompa

i love those quotes und....you make a great point...............................oompa

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

So - why a Governing Body of Anointed then ? Craziness.

Loz x

• designs
    designs

The GB and Writing Committee don't want a bunch of JWs proclaiming themselves of the Anointed showing up wanting to put there 2 cents into the Publications.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Both of these statements come from the March 15,1991 page 22 watchtower

"Those with the heavenly calling do not view themselves as prominent individuals"

Not true, the GB do see themselves as prominent individuals.

"nor does spirit anointing bring extraordinary understanding of God’s Word,"

Next statement says: "Samson and others of pre-Christian times had God’s spirit and were filled with zeal and understanding."

The WTS proves in their own words that holy spirit and inspiration can not be separated.

• Gayle
    Gayle

JWs have 3 groups. "Partakers" and "other" sheep (both are equal followers only). "Channel" (8 guys now) That 'channel' to God doesn't work very good at all, just a lot of static noise.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I think there was also a more recent quote that put it in more succinct terms but I have been unable to locate it in WTL 2008. I will keep searching...any others found it? I believe it may have been 2006ish?

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

So technically, after praying for God's spirit and reaching my own conclusion/understanding on something, there should be no problem. If I disagree with a certain teaching, would I really be wrong, based on what was printed in the Watchtower, more than once?

It would seem like everything is fine looking at the printed word. But in deeds, I would be going contrary to the FDS! Subject to disfellowshipping for apostasy and not waiting on Jehovah with a humble spirit!

Boy does this make me sick!!

FDS says: "We know what is written but................................., we are the 'channel' and we are in charge! So there!"

Excuse me while I wipe up my vomit.

CoC

• I quit!
    I quit!

I agree with designs. They have to take that position in order to maintain control. The annointed class was always a joke. They never did have any input in what the Watchtower teaches unless they were part of the central government of the tower. If they did allow that annointed did have a special understanding of the Bible what would happen when one of these special one with the special understand had a different view than the boyz in Brooklyn. At this late stage of the game they are very suspicious of anyone claiming to be annointed. Almost all of the ones that were of this annointed class when they first came up with the idea have long since died. It is mostly being run by the "other sheep class".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit