Quality of Talks Deteriorating?

by ruruj 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ruruj
    ruruj

Years ago I know talks to be accurate, authoritative, corroborative and encouraging.

However, now that Watchtower has change (including New Light) tactics applied so extensively, things seem to be worsening instead of getting better.

The 45 minute talk is frequently discouraging and prone to inaccuracy in non-scriptural facts. I hate to see the few means of JW secular education is done by careless misinformation. It mostly attacks the world and sometimes reflects the overzealous opinions of the speaker; for example, demonizing entertainment and the Internet. Causing some JW members with meek disposition to take things literally; hence they become Internet-illiterate and culturally deprived.

Are the elders slacking in preparation because they have 15 minutes lesser time to talk, or is there something wrong with the outline?

On another kind of talk, an overseer openly criticized (bashed) bought parties on some issue. Both the offenders and the victims. Why add insult to injury on the victim? Apparently, the offenders were elders, pioneers and close friends. Isn't this favoritism? ... Shame (3X)

• asilentone
    asilentone

(never mind)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Must be out of the loop, talks are now 30 minutes and yes they stink worse than ever. Enjoy cartoons instead.

• oompa
    oompa

hahahhaha.....what is a TALK?????......i talk...most people do.......hahahah....oompa

• oompa
    oompa

hahaha...who in the billions of people know what a TALK is?????think about this micro language....that should tell it all folks......oompa

• yknot
    yknot

Temperament of BOE vary on presentation and talk selection........

We seem to cycle from upbuilding, admonishing, warning , upbuilding each month......

If you want to look over the outlines you can download them from the thread below...(zip file download on my last post)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/174030/2/Public-Talk-Outlines

OOMPA you bastard!..... I have been missing you!

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Must be out of the loop, talks are now 30 minutes and yes they stink worse than ever. Enjoy cartoons instead.

Sunday talks are only 30 minutes? Damn.....what's the point of even going if you are going to run through the material that quick. I remember the Chairman starting the intro & song on the hour and as long as the WT Study started on the next hour, you could use the remaining first hour for your talk including middle song. Seems like the whole org. has changed so much from what I remember. (out since 95')

Think About It

• ruruj
    ruruj

30 minutes ... hmmm I missed the memo damn those flip-floppin changes

I thought it was clearly 45 minutes time limit. I guess I've been seeing them overtime 15 minutes in public talks... The math: 30 + 15 overtime = 45.

Anyways, I'll bring a stopwatch at the meeting with 30 minutes alarm to confirm this.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The quality of everything is deteriorating in the Watchtower religion.

They shortened the meetings, cut the book study groups, condensed the announcements, what's next? The GB obviously don't value the meetings very highly if they can ditch whole segments just like that. So why should anyone else care about the meetings either?

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Ruruj - The 45 minute talk is frequently discouraging and prone to inaccuracy in non-scriptural facts. I hate to see the few means of JW secular education is done by careless misinformation.

Maybe the talks are of the same material, and you are more enlightened? The longer I stayed in, the more sickening the talks, illustrations, domonstrations, and discussions became. Just sayin'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit