Christian Music

by crapola 85 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

I think that when people think of Christian music they think of the old time gospel church songs. What I like are the modern , almost like rock songs at times. And they deal with modern day things that we all go through daily. The song "Lead Me" by Sanctus Real is about a husband and father that worked all the time and neglected their spiritual needs. But it's not preachy. Just gives good advice. But to each his own.

• Violia
    Violia

crapola

I hope you know I am not poking fun with my videos. I am just posting some that seem spiritual to me.

Here is Warren Zevon written a few years before his death.( Ithink it was 03)

• crapola
    crapola

Violia, I never thought that. That's what I like about this place, we all have different likes and dislikes, and that's ok. I love all the different views and opinions.

• crapola
    crapola

Oh I really likes both of the videos you posted.

• yknot
  • SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Not a religious person, but I do like polyphonic chant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh31j6L95Ok

That is proper Christian music.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I think that when people think of Christian music they think of the old time gospel church songs. What I like are the modern , almost like rock songs at times. And they deal with modern day things that we all go through daily.

Honestly, It's not my intention to troll here. Just my sincere opinion.

Yes I've heard these "modern" x'tian songs here and there, on the radio, on TV, on the internet, on the street, etc. When I was still hobnobbing with the borg, I didn't like it because it was "apostate". The years in between when I wasn't in the troof and now, I still can't stand it. It's just a gut reaction. The problem for me is that it's "religious".

I've been part of one religion for too many years of my life to be able to tolerate the thought of being part of another. I'm done. And I'll say it again, it isn't that I don't believe in God, I just don't know what to believe about him anymore. I don't even know where to start when it comes to building a new realtionship with him. There's so many different holy books out there. Which one is the right one? I can't decide and I doubt I ever will. I'm starting to think God never authored any books, period. Really, does God talk to people? For me it's like what Pontius Pilate said to Jesus: "What is truth?"

Carry on,

V665

• yknot
    yknot

My dearest dark lord V665

Not all 'Xian' music is preachy-Jesus hugging stuff.......some are about life and love.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

yknot, "dearest dark lord"? You flatter me.

I'll try not to let it go to my head (or read too much into it).

V665

• crapola
    crapola

Hey Vampire, I do understand your view and in a way I feel he smae as you do at times. I don't really want another religion either. I feel I can worship God in many different ways. I do believe there is "something" or"someone" out there helping me in my life. But I'm at the moment unsure of what to believe. I hope this makes some sort of sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit