Please enjoy your new WT & A magazines!

by serenitynow! 11 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

My very much indoctrinated aunt sends me lovely care packages w/the mags, sometimes the mags on cd, new releases, etc. She's done it for years- ever since I became inactive. Before I found out The Truth, I would just stack them unread in the closet. Now I trash the public editions and keep the kool-aid for our discussions here. Anyway my aunt wrote something in the letter she sent with the latest shipment that made me lol. She wrote "enclosed are the June & July issues, enjoy." Maybe its just my weird sense of humor but "enjoy?" I dont remember ever, not one time having enjoyed reading the WT & A. It was like the cod liver oil my mom used to make us take by the spoonful; you do it cause you have to & its somehow supposed to be good for you. When I placed the mags in FS I never told people to enjoy like I was giving them a bag of freshly baked cookies!

• flipper
    flipper

SERENTYNOW ! - My 83 yr.old JW mom has told me the same thing when occasionally sending some WT Awake or WT magazine. " Enjoy ! " It's like- Yeah right. Enjoy WHAT ?? LOL ! The only enjoyment I get out of it is exposing the lunacy and nutcase beliefs here on the board- thus my interest is in freeing people's minds ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I believe Satan says the same thing as you enter the Gates Of Hell...... "ENJOY"

• zoiks
    zoiks

I get those on occasion too. My mom sent the new brochures after their DC, and I was actually really looking forward to reading them...and I DID enjoy! I enjoyed a good laugh.

Isn't it funny? I guess they think they're 'planting a seed', while counting time and placements, of course.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Y'all are funny! I should let you know about the enjoyable subjects contained in my latest mags: sin, unemployment, stress, and god's name. How can I not enjoy that?

• zoiks
    zoiks
    sin, unemployment, stress, and god's name

Wow, I like ALL of those subjects! Send them to me when you're done with them.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Enjoy.............................

...............................................The Watchtower's rotten fruitage!!!!!!

• StAnn
    StAnn

When I was young, I actually did enjoy reading the Awakes. They had some non-JW articles in them.

One of the articles was a general info article about the African kingdom of Lesotho. I'd never heard of Lesotho before. I found it fascinating and ended up naming my cat Moshoeshoe after the king of Lesotho.

Of course, I was a young girl and still in the Borg. Now I can't bear to read the rags because they are so vapid.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

You can do what i did and called Bethel directly and cancelled the subscription that my mother put in for me.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

You know they don't have subscriptions anymore right? They stopped those like 20 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit