Do Elders and Bethelites really follow this site?

by jamesmahon 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

From what I recall, a former poster on this site got ousted because he was identified.

Does anyone still remember Richie Rich?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/17429

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Back to the original question, do elders and Bethelites follow this site ...... I have absolutely no doubt that many do, on their personal cell phones where nobody can monitor their internet usage. Hi guys!

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

The Watchtower Society can kiss my sweaty laurels on a hot August day. I will think do and say whatever I take a notion!

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I'd be amazed if they don't follow boards like this. But I have to ask, is this "the" preeminent JW forum in the country? And before you get too paranoid, I don't think the Bethel people could find out the identities of the people actually using this site (those who are JW at least). If they could they might take action, but then again they may not.

I suspect like any group with power, they see it as a threat against Jehovah's organization; however, they have to know what doctrines and ideas they're up against. Also, who runs this board?? The software is somewhat pedestrian and the forum itself seems geared against the church and not just a place where people can exchange ideas inside the church.

If you're in the church and one of the presiding elders found out you were on this board, what would happen? Or let's say you were on the board and your mother turned you in to the local leadership -- could any administrative or disciplinary action be taken against you?

Has anyone ever been "outed" here to anyone's knowledge? Now that would be an interesting story!

"I'm sorry, son, I did it for your own good. And by the way, I'm not allowed to talk to you."

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi Cognac,

He is definitely not an apostate, a career elder who loves to flush out the juicy stuff, df people and then brag about it.... Though he is doing a service, he has pushed a few people away from the borg..

Cheers, Mattieu

• ziddina
    ziddina

"He is definitely not an apostate, a career elder who loves to flush out the juicy stuff, df people and then brag about it.... Though he is doing a service, he has pushed a few people away from the borg.. ..."

Ka - THUNG!!! [The sound of my jaw hitting the floor...]

Mattieu, you're talking about Simon???

Hoooo - LEEE CRAP I didn't realize that!!!

Zid

• Violia
    Violia

There was a woman here several years ago who posted a lot of info and it got printed out and prensented to her by the elders at her cong.. I wish I could recall who it was , it seems like the word Island was in her screen name. It was several years ago.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Well, what is the penalty for being caught on a board like this? Excommunication? Shunning? (Disfellowshipment?) Death by stoning?

People do have freedom of speech and religion, don't they? Even if they do read information critical of the church, there is free agency isn't there?

Can someone fill me in?

• cattails
    cattails

The only people immune to the truth are those who have no regard for it.

That's right Essan, the ones they appoint the dirty task are those in the legal Dept. probably WT lawyers.

Those who follow in the steps of Covington and Rutherford.

To people like that the "Truth" is whatever is said by those who win the argument.

• oompa
    oompa

i have pics of a bethel elder with his wife present dancing on a kitchen beach bar in nothing but his boxers....drunk out of his mind.....he does not remember even.....his is still in bethel......i could burn his ass.....sooooo many elders drink their ass off.....cmon..................oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit