How to be alone

by mrsjones5 33 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

Awe, I like that. It reminds me of this book I just finished reading called Introvert Power.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm glad you all like it. Her poem gave me a fresh perspective and appreciation of my alone time and fits in with the research and self-discovery I've been doing about myself. All my life I've allowed others to make me feel weird for needing to be alone and left alone...I need not let that happen anymore.

Josie the lone observer

• eva luna
    eva luna

That was beautiful.

Eva Luna

• White Dove
    White Dove

I love my alone times. My black kitty is usually curled up on the bed on the afghan I'm making for Egg, playing with my knitting yarn.

I also love to read books, lots of them, one after another while in bed (we don't have a couch).

Egg and I lose each other for hours in the library, each going in a different direction.

That is my way of enjoying my alone time.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I so enjoyed that I'm gonna share it around too...thankyou Mrs Jones

Loz x

• chickpea
    chickpea

"if you're happy in your head
    then solitude is blessed...."

THAT is the truest thing i have
    heard in a very long time!

thanks josie!

• liz_south
    liz_south

Wow - so needed to see this video today. The whole poem is so insightful - and you don't need to be single or alone to appreciate the sentiment. Sometimes finding a way to be alone when surrounded by others is a gift. The final words resonated strongly for me....

"If you have an art that needs a practice, stop neglecting it, if your family doesn’t get you or a religious sect is not meant for you, don’t obsess about it.

You could be in an instant surrounded if you need it.

If your heart is bleeding, make the best of it.

There is heat in freezing, be a testament.

L

• snowbird
    snowbird

Loved it!

The part about everyone's synapses firing differently is sooooo true.

Thanks, Josie.

Syl

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks again, Josie, for posting this gem and you, too, liz, for highlighting those resonating points!

Sylvia

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

http://vimeo.com/12348372

Please forgive me, Josie, if this is viewed as a hijack, but John Doe sent me this.

I didn't ask, but I don't believe he would mind my sharing it.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit