Do the GB really BELIEVE??

by Slidin Fast 12 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Most of us see the fallacys in retrospect, after years of slogging through it all, whereas the GB, to start with, already know (hehe) and can plan their mode du operandi (sp) ahead of time. Geez, it's so easy isn't it, when you give all the answers and .... you get to ask all the questions!!

clarity

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I remember Bro.Knorr saying that He was not so sure about 1914 and some others on the Governing Body thought that 1957 or so, when sputnik was launched by the russians that it was the beginning of the end not 1914. However, it took a two-thirds vote to get 1957 as the start of end times, and they did not get it. So, 1914 stuck whether they had doubts or not.

HA! I bet they wished NOW that they did vote for 1957! would have given them more than 40 years more to stretch it all out...

oz

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

The GB that Ray knew I think are all gone. And what COC said about these men was based on knowledge of them 30 years ago. GB was fairly new as they were given equal say in 1976 if I remember correctly thus those years maybe they were still believing in their own selves and all the nonsense while today, 30 years later we don't really have any idea if they believe their own nonsense. We don't have any insight into their meetings how they changed and how they operate and how or why they vote on changes. 30 years have passed and many things have changed with meetings, beliefs and arrangements so we can assume that GB routine has also changes somewhat and maybe their view on their teachings have also changed but anything suggested is pure speculation. Are they there for secure retirement, power and inner fame or if they really stay there because they believe their teachings. We don't know and won't know until maybe another GB decides to free himself and/or humbles himself and speaks out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit