For those who is still in the org, do you still study for the meetings?

by asilentone 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

NO, its a passive aggressive thing for me. I could underline the materials in 5 mins if I wanted to but I want people to see how uninterested I am. I don't even have the gumption to do a counter study to try to correct teachings. Probably haven't commented in a couple of years.

Interestingly enough, I was one who tried to do a good job in studying. I would look up info not only in the WT pubs but outside sources like eSword. I would often comment on how other translations rendered verses (of course with a WT spin). What amazes me is that I would often read contrary info and just dismiss it outright! I recall preparing for the Daniel bookstudy and looking up historical info on 607 etc and just thinking the secular sources were completely wrong. It goes to show you that people will just dismiss the truth about the truth until they are ready to accept.

My wife also doesn't prepare. I wouldn't say she ever really studied, just underlined and wrote scriptures down. But she hasn't done that for a while.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

never, and I don't study with my children

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Only if my wife badgers me about it, which happens approximately once a month.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I have enough fun playing the WII with the kids, why would I ruin a good thing?

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Not really often.

I'm trying to follow the example of the early Christians who, contrary to JW belief, did not have highlighters and KM's, Watchtower's, etc.

As of late, I only seem to look at the info when I have a talk/part or I have to read at any of the Watchtower/CB studies.

CoC

• clarity
    clarity

No, don't study at any for mtgs .... I lost my yellow hi-lighter!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit