For those who is still in the org, do you still study for the meetings?

by asilentone 25 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

Good Luck!

• yknot
    yknot

No.....

As for the kids I've been watching ...... most parents are quite happy with the WT and CBS folders. On paper and while sitting in the KH they appear to be doing well in the truth....giving answers, sitting quietly and presenting TMS assignments with less 'umms and uhhhs' then Tony Morris.

I think how well a child does varies greatly...... I never lived a double life during my childhood, I was hardcore.

• yknot
    yknot

Empty......are you going to stick to the expectation or planning to throw in a few uberism or sifts?

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm just going to present what they have in the reasoning book. I was going to cancel,but I cancelled my last talk. But, then, the meeting was cancelled anyway, due to snow. How was I to know? So, it's in the second school.

I'm just going to say, "according to the reasoning book". We only have five minutes anyway.

• yknot
    yknot

FOR THE LOVE OF THE FSM......WHY ARE WE USING THAT BOOK!

(which week are you doing?)

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

August 26th. Information is assigned out of it. I'm going to look at other information from Insight, Bible Teach, etc.

Well, I have my setting and Intro, I'd be happy if someone would write it out for me. lol. I'd be ever so grateful.

No, but I want to get it finished by this weekend. I'm hoping this will be my last talk.

• yknot
    yknot

Why don't I create a thead in the members only section and we can all hash it out using setting and intro (yes I am serious)

• wobble
    wobble

In the last few years that I was in, the only studying I did was in non-WT sources to find interesting stuff to give a comment or a talk on so the other poor saps in the K' Hall had something worth listening to.

I am a speed reader so could glance at the WT material for the meeting, and then go elsewhere, it did eventually dawn on me that the only truly spiritual things I was reading came from outside the WT.

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Hi Yknot and others. Good grief my heart goes out to you. Not just because I sympathise with you having to write meaningless talks full of what you know to be rubbish but also because up until reading this I had never really thought how hard it must be to leave the religion if you have children who have been raised in it (especially if they are teenagers and seem really into it). I don't know all your stories and wish there was something I could do to help (save writing your talks of course). I know that boards like this provide some support but it makes me so angry you just wish that there was something more proactive and organised that could be done. But I suppose the reality is that there is not much that can be done other than offer support - albeit remotely.

• Titus
    Titus

Tonky...

I love you!

I am sorry...

I had to tell you that...

I hope I will meet you one day...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit