will jehovahs witnesses make me a permanant "do not call "

by looloo 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

BB is right. The only way to ensure they don't call is to have sign, near the bell / knocker, that states specifically and politely that you don;t want to be called on.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I agree with having a sign put up in principle, but, why should any householder be forced to foul up the front of their house with a sign to get respite from a paricular group of people?

I hear JWs use that excuse all the time to ignore signs and even DNC notices on territory with the rationalization that the original petitioner may have moved or some other such nonsense. They demonstrate no respect for anyone's privacy in favor of invading it any time they want and doing as they please.

I think it would be interesting is a whole neighborhood of people would show up in series at one of their KHs ringing the doorbell and knockingon their door during meeting night wanting to talk about their religion and see if they like it.

• chickpea
    chickpea

if i am not mistaken someone in the BoE,
    likely the service overlord, is supposed to
    annually reassess the DNCs, to cover the
    possibility that some might have moved.....

the elduhs at the KH i attended made it
    absolutely understood to steer clear of DNCs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome Cook My Socks UK and bigmac!

“Put a sign up that says "No Jehovah's Witnesses, or any other religion that shelters child rapists!"

In the UK you could be setting yourself up for arrest for inciting religious hatred with a sign like that.

Agreed. A sign saying "NO Jehovah's Witnesses or pedophiles" should do the trick though :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• Scully
    Scully

I think it would be interesting if a whole neighborhood of people would show up in series at one of their KHs ringing the doorbell and knockingon their door during meeting night wanting to talk about their religion and see if they like it.

Not only would the local JWs not like it, they'd probably call the police and have the participants arrested and charged with trespassing. I still think their "Private Property - No Trespassing" signs are hilariously hypocritical.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

they have me as a 'do not call' because i am disfellowshipped.

Never has an elder made an annual call on me in 12 years, but the publishers,

still come... most too daft to check the list i think, leaders of the f/s not checking, don't know.

hope they keep coming coz i have so much to say...

oz

If you want them to stop put a no nonsense sign on the door and letterbox.

• Timothy Riches
    Timothy Riches

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_124370867621514

Watchtower

25 Columbia Heights

Brooklyn, NY

11201-2483

Date: _________________________

To whom it may concern;

This letter is a request to cease and desist any attempts to contact me by telephone or personal visit at my place of residence by anyone representing Jehovah’s Witnesses.

I understand that I am entitled to make such a request, and to treat disregard for this request as an act of trespass. Such disregard for this notice will be met with appropriate civil and criminal action. This includes any attempts to contact me at my place of residence in the future under the guise of discovering whether or not I am still the occupant of this residence. You will be contacted in writing should I decide that any future contact would be appropriate.

I further request that you contact the local congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses in my area to insure that they will comply with this matter.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. My address is provided below.

Signed: __________________________ ____________

Name (printed): __________________________ _____

Address:__________________ ____________________

__________________________ ____________

__________________________ ____________

• Timothy Riches
    Timothy Riches

The "Do Not Call Campaign" seeks to deny whole neighborhoods as service territory. Ideally the letter is copied and taken to the neighbors and sent in either by them (with a self-addressed envelope) or by you in a manila envelope. Big black line on the map at Bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit