What Is The Watchtower Afraid Of?

by metatron 32 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

IMHO....

evil laugh inserted....

TIME TIME TIME TIME TIME still ticking away with not one iota of the end being in sight based on past assertions.

We are at Post 25' Pre 1931 Rutherford stage and no dynamic leader to take the lead.

Every GB wants to maintain lifestyle until they are as ripe as Jack!

Biggest problem is coming up with a new storyline.......that allows for authority and urgency while buying out time until at least until 2050.

Personally I say screw the storyline, nobody is paying attention the dumbing down worked....... the WTS needs to "Mormonize" creating a global branding community!

• dissed
    dissed

What the GB needs to do is pray more, study more, attend more meetings, and share more in service. Then everything will be fine....

• agonus
    agonus

YKnot, I totally agree...

2 most frightening prospects for them IMHO:

1) There will, never, EVER be another Fred Franz at the rate they're going... I think even they're starting to realize how incredibly dumb, creatively and intellectually bankrupt this organization has become... and they can't escape the black hole... yet at the same time, if another Freddie WERE to come along, his ideas would be too much of a paradigm shift and people would leave in droves...

2) There could VERY WELL be another Ray Franz... and the exact same thing happens for precisely the same reasons...

It's really sad when your religion has gotten to the point where even the leadership is forced to go through the motions such that ANY new ideas... whether they're FOR the religion OR against... are dangerous.

• agonus
    agonus

That leaves them with basically 3 options:

1) Creative, dynamic new direction: Dubs freak out, mass panic (the "apostates" have taken over)

2) Dissolution/splintering: Dubs freak out, mass panic (the 'apostates" have taken over)

3) Same old shit, different day: Dubs keep going through the motions and Armageddon still doesn't come but nobody can leave though nobody really cares anymore and they continue to die a slow death.

Not exactly what I'd call sunny prospects. But, you cut the brain off at the stem and you're bound to be a vegetable eventually.

• Consfearacy
    Consfearacy

"Change" is a harsh reality in this system. In the last decade, I've taken careful note that the political, economic and changes in the state of the national security in the United States (my place of residence) has caused a great deal of anxiety to average citizens.

Moreover, this I say, brothers, the time left is reduced. Henceforth let those who have wives be as though they had none, and also those who weep be as those who do not weep, and those who rejoice as those who do not rejoice, and those who buy as those not possessing, and those making use of the world as those not using it to the full; for the scene of this world is changing. Indeed, I want you to be free from anxiety. 1 Corinthians 7:29-32

The fundamental Bible foundation in Jehovah's Organization has remained solid throughout the duration of the organization's history. The Bible may constitute a perfect message from God, but the common error of thinking is that all Bible research and associated literary output must be called “perfect” in an absolute sense, without limitation or it has no merit.

My father graduated top of his math class in college. He studied the Bible sometime after this and assumed the Bible would be an open and shut book case, a book like any other college textbook he studied. As it turned out, the Bible was a much more difficult book to read than any other book he read, one requiring greater effort and concentration. He found that much it he could not understand in his initial inquiry. Would you expect any less from (a supreme being) God's Word? If there's an organization dedicated to this purpose, why should they be subjected to harsh and unreasonable criticism when new understanding is discovered?

• agonus
    agonus

It could be called "new understanding" if anybody could actually, er, understand it...

• agonus
    agonus

Speaking of conspiracies, there's a line from 'JFK" that for me mirrors the development of WT "theology':

'Hell, the fucking SHOOTERS don't even know who killed him!"

• Consfearacy
    Consfearacy

“Joe Pesci” who stated the assassination is a "mystery wrapped inside an enigma?" Your Halflife avatar all the sudden put me in video game mode. I'll be back in bit (Assassin's Creed 2).

• yknot
    yknot

I am sure the WTS Legal made all GB 2.0 sign a nondisclosure agreement. (I know I would if I was in their shoes)

I believe these boys will limp their way through already planned changes...... a lot of deck shuffling and cost reduction

What we really need to do is start profiling 'given ones' and which committees they sit........

• yknot
    yknot

maybe we could get some infiltration on the polls......

I probably could fix their business plan but the theology has too many patches, better to misdirect to 'purpose driven lives' instead of the end is near.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit