Conscious Class vs. Fading...

by dssynergy 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

Continue fading.....

Keep up on publications

Talk theocratese to relatives to keep them appeased

If pressured to come back or explain why.......say something like 'I was stumbled and if I talk about it you will be stumbled too' sigh a sad sigh and tell them how much you love them.... and end with the catch all comment that you are 'waiting on jehovah'. If they bring out fellowship scripture ask point blank if you did go back and become even further stumbled how they would feel if you stopped being a JW until things were 'fixed' by Jah. That usually puts them on notice and they back away........ attend memorial next year, skip next years DC, say you heard about it through 'friends' mention key points.

Best wishes!

• undercover
    undercover
    If a person wants to simply quit attending meetings and quietly continue to live the life of a JW, the fade is very possible and very probable.
    However, if the person wants to stop attending meetings and then begin publicly smoking, celebrating Christmas, voting and various other personal liberties that he or she would like to do, the fade may be virtually impossible.

Maybe, maybe not. I've read some horror stories on here how some have been outed for simple things. But then there are some of us who have persued those personal liberties and not really been hassled. It really all depends exactly on what you said next:

Some elder bodies will simply ignore this known behavior (or fail to inquire about it). Other elders will take it upon themselves to hunt people down, confirum these activities and then begin judicial actions -- even if the person hasn't been to a meeting in months or years. (The elder manual gives the elders the option to ignore people who have been away. It doesn't force them to ignore these people.)

Yea, some elers act like Gestapo agents trying to get to the bottom of the case. Others shrug their shoulder and carry on with their drudgery.

Some people tend to draw attention from elders anyway. Elders want to make an example of someone who wasn't well liked or didn't kiss the right asses all along before. Others slide along their career as a JW without ever drawing much attention, good or bad. They're just there. So when they go missing, on one really notices. And then when they no longer act like a JW, no one recognizes who they are.

I think I must fit in the last category. I knew tons of people, but had few real friends (even fewer I later realized). I think I was tolerated but because I kept quiet and seemingly out of trouble, no one paid any attention to me. When I went inactive, minor flags were raised but there was no real effort to bring me back to the fold. Now I'm so out, that when I see JWs that I recognize, I can't remember their names and they're even worse... they don't even recognize me.

When I went in the hospital some time back the nurse that had me fill out all the paper work the day before surgery was a JW. I recognized her and her name on her name tag. I knew her family somewhat. There was minor anxiety as I had already decided...and informed my JW family...that I was signing the consent forms for blood if an emergency arose. Seeing a JW nurse and knowing she would see me sign the consent was like something out of a movie. I fully expected her to run to the elders...but she didn't recogize me and the name on the paper work didn't ring any bells with her.

Sometimes it pays to have an invisible or incognito persona...

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

So, far - the elders haven't tried much of anything. One stopped by to give me a KM, but that was a couple of months ago. I'm not turning in FS so I doubt that will continue.

Other than that, there have been no attempts to contact me very much. And I'm out of town enough that people don't track my schedule. Really, I'm not interested in Christmas, or other holidays because frankly, I don't believe they are appropriate. But I am interested in a relationship - and that is my real concern.

I guess I'll just have to see how it turns out. I hate the idea that I have to "sneak" a man into a house where I live alone. That is so...15!

DS

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Do you think the elders who ignore faders are:

A) lazy

B) too busy

C) considerate of the fader's wishes

D) other (explain)

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

A & B & possibly D

Share this