Manual - Pioneer Service School

by naeuca 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• naeuca
    naeuca

Hi all,

I'm thinking about pioneer service...... Would anyone happen to have the Manual - Shining as Illuminators in the World, in PDF format that they can send me please to have a look at.

Many thanks!!

Naeuca

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

I'm thinking about pioneer service

Stop thinking about it!

• Aussie Oz
  • Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

i reg pioneered for about 4 years...

i would rather stab myself in the eye with a fork

oz

edit: I entered pio service more out of guilt than anything, and the hope that it would help me be more 'spiritual'.

It didn't work.

Some of the times were really quite good, but i never liked feild service and toward the end even lost the confidence and desire to talk at a door, usually leaving it to my partner.

So, WHY do you want to do it?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Welcome naeuca

Why do you want to pioneer?

Edit:

I reg aux'ed for periods of 6 then 18 months in the days when you had to get in 60 hours a month. I also did it because it was 'expected.' Very stressful. Each stretch eventually resulted in nervous exhaustion. At that point I thought 'never again.' Hanging with the other bros and sisters was OK I guess, and sometimes we met nice, interesting people but I can honestly say that at least 80% of the time I didn't enjoy the 'pioneer experience.'

• possible-san
    possible-san

naeuca.

That PDF (old version) was provided before here.
    So, I have it.

But, usually, only a pioneer can own it.
    Therefore, if you are an active JW, it is wrong that you want that PDF, IMO.

Furthermore, if you go to that school, you can receive it.

possible

• yknot
    yknot

I will have the a new book later this month and will upload after scanning......

Are you considering real pioneering (not many do this anymore, everyone seems to pad or fudge hours) or social pioneering (ie go with the crowd, but you probably don't do more than 11-12 hours per month of real FS).

BTW many pioneers get their hours in my placing publications or talking (IW)to checkout clerks/waitresses during errands and outings. Some even simply place WT publications on their dash, rear-dash of the car so driving around town or to work counts as 'time'.

A few here have kicked around the idea of creating a 'time thread' on this forum and others.

• aniron
    aniron

Pioneer in my opinion is the most demoralising experience a JW can do.
    They try to make out its so wonderful, a "spiritual" experience.
    In my years as a JW , having spoken to many a pioneer, brothers and sisters.
    They often turn out to be the most miserable of JWs.
    They worry about getting their hours in, and trying to keep a part-time job.
    Those who didn't get help from family, usually gave up after a couple of years.
    Or because they can't find a pioneer partner partner.
    One sister gave up after a year as she was always on her own.
    And that in a congregation of 90 publishers.

The only exceptions were a pioneer sister, about 25yrs old, in my last congregation.
    Been pioneering since she left school, had a part-time job as a secretary.
    Held up to be the model of pioneering, used in demonstrations at assemblies etc.

Then a couple of years after I had left, she upped and left.
    Went off with the married guy she was secretary to.
    Turned about she had been having affair with him for about 4-5 years.

In a previous congregation, there was abrother who pioneered, Min Servant, married with children.
    He di the usual window cleaning work, in fact had a good business.
    IHe always seemed to be a real "Watchtower" guy.
    Knew all the latest thoughts and "new light" etc,
    The kind who would say something if your Watchtower wasn't underlined, smarmy guy.

Next thing I hear he has been disfellowshipped.
    Turned out on his window cleaning round.
    He was doing more than just cleaning windows for some of his female customers.
    He used to come to Hall as if nothing had happened.
    His wife didn't want him near her or the children.
    But the Elders said she couldn't stop him sitting by his own children.
    She divorced him, but even the Elders didn't like her doing that.

Another thing the guy was reinstated, after a year.
    Then in six months or so, disfellowshipped again for doing exactly the same thing.

So don't believe pioneers are all nice "spiritual" JWs.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I feel guilty for my pioneering and subsequent bethel service. I taught false doctrines. I mislead people. I focused on the uneducated for easy placements and RVs. I acted as though I was super righteous at bethel. I was the "example". What a load...

I would like to know how pioneering goes now-a-days that the internet is popular, and anyone can learn about our history. It'd be a little refreshing to go door to door telling people to look up our history and decide if we are the true religion or not. How could ANYONE learn about it and still be fooled by it?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Don't worry dude, you have a Mediator now :)

Luke 23:34 (New International Version)

34 Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

Romans 8:1 (New International Version)

1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit