Debate

by goddidit 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

tag-team!

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@goddidit:

I'd like to have a one-on-one online debate with an active JW.

Ok.

I assumed there wouldn't be any active (by my previous definition) jws on this site at all. Is that wrong? If there is some, are they here covertly?

I am not here covertly, but because I do not wish to stumble others, I don't think it to be a good idea to tell anyone that I visit this site. For me to inform others that I visit sites like this would be not unlike my deciding to drink a beer, and then offering a beer to a guy that I know has a drinking problem because I believe he ought to be able to handle drinking one beer with me since one beer is all I'm going to give him. (1 Corinthians 10:29)

It is well known that many Jehovah's Witnesses learn the fundamental doctrines of the Bible, but very often do not press on to maturity by obtaining accurate knowledge, because oftentimes they have memorized doctrines (that is to say, committed certain doctrines to memory so that they never learned them), and for this reason the WTS publishes articles warning Jehovah's Witnesses about visiting websites where apostates might frequent, knowing that such sites can be dangerous and can lead one into become, if nothing else, disenchanted with being one of Jehovah's Witnesses and in time apostasy or apostate thinking.

(For example, @UnDisfellowshipped is an apostate that believes God to be a trinity, and while I don't know if he was a trinitarian before he became of Jehovah's Witnesses, but he's like the demons that know that God exists, but prefers to embrace trinitarian beliefs and @yknot is someone that claims to be of the "conscious class," but I believe she to be an apostate thinker that hates Jehovah.)

So active means going to meetings and round the doors but not necessarily believing it?

If such ones are "active," they are covert since such persons are typically fearful of being found out and maybe disfellowshipped.

Are these active non-believers the people that just stay because they don't want to lose friends and/or family?

Yes and some of them are pedophiles, while others never have had anyone in their adult life with whom they could call their friends until they become one of Jehovah's Witnesses while others know that they would be cut off from active association with their own relatives in the truth if they should be disfellowshipped, so they are on the "down-low " in their local congregations in that they are not telling anyone in their congregation that they are of the "conscious class" or faders -- although I do not tell anyone that I visit this site and others like it in order not to stumble anyone with a weak conscience toward God, so, to answer your question, these active non-believers "walk the walk," but love for God and neighbor does not motivate their fakeness, but their not wanting to be cut off socially from their friends and family is what motivates them to "walk the walk."

What exactly did you want to discuss?

@djeggnog

• yknot
    yknot
    I don't think it to be a good idea to tell anyone that I visit this site. For me to inform others that I visit sites like this would be not unlike my deciding to drink a beer, and then offering a beer to a guy that I know has a drinking problem because I believe he ought to be able to handle drinking one beer with me since one beer is all I'm going to give him.

Would you tell your CoBoE, CO or DO? Surely these men having been given such privilege are deemed capable in your mind.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you want to find an active, believing, Dubby to debate with, don't bother looking here.

Go stalking on a Saturday morning. Hint.... Mormons have white shirts and bicycles but are just as much fun..... the Dubbies are the other ones.

They have numerous ways of not answering your questions. If you don't know them all, you are wasting your time. You need a relevent degree in psychology to extract them. As far as I know, no institutions are offering that.

Cheers

Chris

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

This is kinda funny and tragic all at the same time!

You cant go on a JW facebook page to debate coz they will kick you off

same goes for any pro JW forums

You cant debate real 100% true party line JWs here because thay obviously wont be on here

You cant debate them at your door because they run away or in in circles

and you cant debate them at the Kingdom hall because they'll ask you to leave...

they have become un-debateable!

oz

• goddidit
    goddidit

Ooops, I forgot to get back to this thread. Bit busy now. I will try to bring this up again later. Thanks for all your comments and invitation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit