Pagan Origins

by brotherdan 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Regardless of whether you are a "young earth creationist" or not, "paganism" predates Christianity no matter how you look at it. Ergo, most things customs/religions/rituals/holidays have a "pagan" origin. My question is, why is that so bad? I wish I could find this book a friend of mine had, but I can't (in case anyone knows of it). It took the major teachings of all religions and compared them side by side (example, "the golden rule" or the quote about Love in Corinthians) and you know what? Surprise, surprise, ALL of the religions' holy books had similar quotes - well before the bible was written.

I think your question is sound. Why WOULD any of these things be dangerous to a Christian?

• tec
    tec

My only point was saying that there could have been disagreements between the churches without there being a need for one to say that the other was not saved because of such a disagreement.

I agree with this sentiment. We can disagree on points, without thinking that those points are required for salvation.

As for pagan origins, BrotherDan, you said in another thread (can't recall which one - but I think it was between you and Ziddina) that everything may have stemmed from the truth, the origin (meaning God/Creator) I think that also, and then things evolved into a life of their own afterward.

Tammy

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The 1st century Christians did not believe exactly the same things either. But they all believed in Jesus and him crucified for our sins. They were allowed to disagree on other topics. We will never understand the TRUE truth until Jesus comes again.

I agree with some of this. In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas is a motto I try to follow. That said, I feel that understanding can be acheived and is by many, BUT ONLY when one gives up the need for details. One doesn't need intimate knowledge of every leaf and wrinkle of bark to experience the joy of the forest. Christ is quoted as saying, "you WILL KNOW the truth and the truth will set you free." It can be known but it can't be learned from a book.

Which leads to...

We all just do the best we can with what we have...the Bible. Witnesses don't follow it, obviously. And neither do many other religions. There is a difference between faith and religion and between Christianity and religon. Religion is man made. Christianity is Christ made.

I agree with the latter comments but not the first one. The Bible is only one small piece of communication to mankind. It can be helpful but it isn't the sole font of wisdom.

Brotherdan, if you want to discuss this further with me via PM, I'd be glad to share some of my personal experience with you beyond what I am willing to share on a public forum.

Not that I have any special wisdom but I feel like you're on the same road I was on not too many months ago.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The island of Tanna in Vanuatu has a cult developing in our own time.

The belief system is woven around very few tangible items and I can see how easy it can be for the development of Messiah type characters from very little factual information.

Have a look at this very interesting doco from Dateline, SBS

http://www.sbs.com.au/dateline/story/watch/id/600662/n/Waiting-for-Philip

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

The Rothschilds, along with other Illuminati bankers, funded Russell through "contributions" by organizations like the Rothschild-controlled B'nai B'rith. One of the key people involved in this was Frank Goldman who later became B'nai B'rith's President. This was proved in a court of law in 1922. The purpose of the religion was an experiment as a prototype mind/control obedience cult for the planned New World Order. Later on, after having Russell knocked off in a Halloween Satanic Ritual murder in 1916, Rutherford took over, bringing in his psychology and hypnosis tactics.

Basically, anything outside Judeo-Christian could be classified as "pagan", but the problem is that the Jews and Christians lifted everything it has from "pagan" mythology. So now anything they wanted to "paganize" could be classified as taboo, and like good little dubs, they obey whatever the evil slave tells them.

PS

• Essan
    Essan

ProdigalSon, those are some interesting comments regarding the Rothschild's and Russell etc. Where did you get that information from and is there any verifiable evidence?

• ProdigalSon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit