I Saw An "Inactive" JW At The Local Pub

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

He used to be a MS in another Hall and was a friend of my daughter's. How refreshing it was to hear that he hasn't gone to the Hall for over 3 years and he articulated how ridiculous the entire religion is. I was with a friend having lunch and my friend's entire family are JWs.

He expressed that it was great getting out of the "cult". And he said he has never felt better in all of his life!!

I love it!!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'll be delighted if I can write a post like this about some I have left behind in the cult.

• minimus
    minimus

People CAN wake up!

• steve2
    steve2

It's always good to see others have woken from the brain dead state and suggests that despite its "cult"like properties, so many manage to leave and get on with their lives.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Good news! I too hope to have friends who leave.

• minimus
    minimus

you know, this guy's very smart. He's a businessman and not easily fooled. But he too was raised as a JW and for many of us it takes decades to finally get out.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Yeah the toll it takes on our lives is HUGE

• steve2
    steve2
    Yeah the toll it takes on our lives is HUGE

True and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. At the same time, these very difficult experiences have made me who I am: despite seeing myself as a weak, indecisive person, since leaving the JWs, my have I grown! We cannot ignore the pain -but nor should we fail to see the resilience we've developed which stem from dealing with these harsh experiences related to the JWs.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Mini, Is your friend having headway with his family? How is your mom doing? It's nice to hear about the inactive one getting out too.

• skywho
    skywho

thats awesome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit