At the tribulation your children may be taken from you like in nazi Germany

by jambon1 20 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic

Good point WTWiz - Now we know that it's a tactic to keep the witnesses in line. But when you're growing up or new in the religion, you really believe that crap. It's just around the corner.

• blondie
    blondie

My family never bought into that because they believed that with the start, they would be protected, that the WTS said that when they reached out to attack that it would be like touching God's eyeball and he would instantly attack those attackers and that they need not fear harm.

Looking back I see that the WTS only guaranteed the safety of the group, but jws tend to see themselves as the special individual and that the rest applies to other jws.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There is also the (very intentional, I believe) confusion of the Great Tribulation and Armageddon in the minds of the rank and file JW. These two distinct events have been smashed together (intentionally by the Borg, IMO) to the point where many JWs don't see any real difference between them, in direct disagreement with official WT doctrine.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Exactly MS - The GT was to be a testing/sifting due to false religion being turned on. Witnesses would be turned on because they alone would remain faithful and intact. Then before it's too late Jehovah would start Armaggedon to obliterate false religion, the governments and all those wicked worldly people.

"Looking back I see that the WTS only guaranteed the safety of the group, but jws tend to see themselves as the special individual and that the rest applies to other jws."

Yep blondie. The average dub thinks they will be able to withstand the persecution b/c they were faithful at the meetings and in field service. Remember those experiences where the JW didn't feel pain or the rope around their neck broke before they were choked to death?

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

I remember that in the early 70's sisters were telling my mum to put food away for the tribulation so she started collecting packet food and tins. They all had a cupboard full of food. I remember growing up being in constant fear of persecution, armageddon, demons, threatended with the elders as my mum asked them round to tell us off. Thundering and lightning because when I was little I always thought it was the start of armageddon.

To this day I still have a fear of the dark, I know many people do but mine definately stems from all the constant talk of demons, armageddon and persecution and threatening talk.

There was a family in our congregation that would very rarely attend but if there were thunderstorms we knew they would all be at the next meeting because they thought it might be the start of armageddon.

Growing up I was always having terrifying nightmares and I am not exaggerating.

Rosepetal

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The elder that studied with our family told us that we may arrive at the Kingdom Hall, only to discover a lock on the front door, when the Beast turns on the Harlot. But, he wanted us to believe that WT wasn't part of the Harlot.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/09/germany-hamburg-taiba-mosque

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Nowadays, they've got everyone making "survival bags". ( Don't forget to pack your Bible. )

When this first started, one sister commented how stupid it was. She said, "The second you walk out your door with that backpack of food, someone's gonna conk you over the head and take it."

What a rebel, eh?

lol

• man in black
    man in black

Survival Bags ???

What is this, could someone please educate me ?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well they have taken my kids NOW!!!! I guess that proves they are the Devils tools

• Gayle
    Gayle

In 1958 (I was in 7th grade), I read "Diary of Anne Frank," picturing myself in her shoes, because of being taught how the governments would come and get us soon. I had spent hours of book study, "Your Will Be done on Earth" book, instilling fear of the "king of the north" and "king of the south" time of the end culmination stuff.

In 1974, I gave serious concern with my 1st pregnancy that it would be possible, the end would come and we could all be in prison and there, I might possibly have to give birth to my 1st child on a dirty ole prison floor.

My 5 children are grown and I now have 6 beautiful grandchildren. No WT fears for these kids; they all have freedom from all that crazy!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit