What book did you study which brought you into the org? Is it now defunct?

by James_Slash 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

With me it was always the bible, no WT book ever had the same influence. If it wasn't in the bible (to my knowledge), I did not believe it...but then I did not spread my personal belief. It was a lie in two publications in the same year 1993 that finally made me start researching and using the WT-CD which was an eye-opener.

"The year A.D. 1878, being the parallel of his assuming power and authority in the type, clearly marks the time for the actual assuming of power as King of kings, by our present, spiritual, invisible Lord...." Studies in the Scriptures - Thy Kingdom Come p.239"The Watchtower has consistently presented evidence?that Jesus' presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914." Watchtower 1993 January 15 pp.5,9

"Based on the premise that events of the first century might find parallels in related events later, they [the early Bible Students associated with C. T. Russell] also concluded that if Jesus' baptism and anointing in the autumn of 29 C.E. paralleled the beginning of an invisible presence in 1874, then his riding into Jerusalem as King in the spring of 33 C.E. would point to the spring of 1878 as the time when he would assume his power as heavenly King. They also thought they would be given their heavenly reward at that time. When that did not occur, they concluded that since Jesus' anointed followers were to share with him in the Kingdom, the resurrection to spirit life of those already sleeping in death began then." Proclaimers, Page 632 (1993 published)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life...became defunct when the Live Forever book came out.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was a born in, so this is how my sporadic study with my mom went:

Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained

The Truth that Leads to Everlasting Life

My Book of Bible Stories

Your Youth--Getting the Best Out of It (skipped dating, sex, and masterbation sections due to young age: 10)

You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth

Questions Young People Ask--Answers that Work (Skipped courtship and marriage sections due to young age:15)

Baptized in January 11, 1986 at Woodburn Assembly Hall at age 17

• yknot
    yknot

Born-in...... Paradise Lost (Peach book)

.......and of course (after the other two you can discern how much of a 'treat' MYBOBS' was to me as a wee child!)

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, Yknot! The BSB was a huge treat for me and my sister. We couldn't get our noses out of that book with the colorful pictures and bloody action. I was 9 and Sis was 7 when it came out. Never went to a meeting without it after that.

It made the meetings bareable for a while, until I'd already read each story 3 or 4 times and got bored with it.

We could actually read and look at pictures that we couldn't watch on TV or the movies for their violence. It was great!

Didn't know of the fear control behind it at that age, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit