YOU KNOW IT'S THE TRUTH BECAUSE, THE WATCHTOWER TELLS YOU IT IS

by elm 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

Welcome elm...

• yesidid
    yesidid

Welcome elm, I hope your stay is productive.

y

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It's called circular reasoning. The poster, leavingwt has a diagram. Hopefully he'll post it on this thread.

Welcome to JWN!

• Hadit
    Hadit

Hello and welcome to the forum Elm! Good thing you found out the truth about the truth before going back!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome, read freeminds.org and jwfacts.com they will answer you many many questions.

• etna
    etna

Hi Elm, I hope you post what happens when the "elder" comes back to you.

Etna

• elm
    elm

Hi everyone, Thanks again for the welcome and kind words.

I'm still in shock to be honest. I still can not believe that I believed everything the GB told us. I did not think to question any of their doctrines, I just went along with it all and was blind to everything.

The only thing I can say was when ever I attended meetings I always felt guilty, because I never felt uplifted, I always came away feeling I was'nt doing enough. The smile I had at the meetings did not reflect what I was feeling inside. How many other JW feel like this I wonder?

Now of course I can not express how free I feel and I'm so much happier and I no longer feel guilty. Now I understand what Jesus ment when he said "the Truth will set you free"

I'm hoping to tape the whole event with the elder so I will post the outcome on here.

• VM44
    VM44

"This spiritual food is based on God's word. Thus what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah"

This conclusion does not follow. Many teachings, even contradictory ones, have been based upon "God's word." It does not mean they all came from Jehovah!

The Watchtower has always claimed that what it teaches is "Bible Based", even the old light that has been discarded. Did Jehovah provide those old teachings also, or did they come from men?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I noticed that they also say that what the churches teach is "BASICALLY WORTHLESS" (from men and demon inspired)

Have you ever noticed that the only christian ideas they print worth taking on board are lifted straight from bible encyclopedias and quotes from the writings of "christians" in babylon the great?

HB

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Welcome elm.

You were ready to go back so recently, when you meet with the elder(s) be careful of the double talk. As Witnesses, you know we can get to become masters of reasoning in ways that confuses the mind. I suggest if you haven't checked out the websites in depth that were recommended to do that.

Especially establishing to yourself the impossibility of the GB and/or FDS being who they claim. When you know for sure that that can't be true, the good things JW's do, while good, is nothing miraculous.

That article you posted amazes me too. But a closer look shows the art of deception. The writers give such strong wording, you know what it means, but at the same time they leave the wiggle room.

article goes on to say on p23 "The anointed and their other sheep companions recongnize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader ,Christ"

... following the lead of the Governing Body ... like Paul said in 1 Cor 11:1 (Become imitators of me, even as I am of Christ.) Obviously the wording in the article is meant to be strong, at the same time, you go back and can make the above justification of it. Most of us recognize that now to be BS, but as a good Witness, the elder points this out and the good Witness says "oh ... okay".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit