So help me out here.....

by Quillsky 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

Romans 10:9-13 (New International Version)

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." [ a ] 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." [ b ]

Footnotes:
    1. Romans 10:11 Isaiah 28:16
    2. Romans 10:13 Joel 2:32

1 Timothy 2:3-6 (New International Version)

3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.

John 6:53-54 (New International Version)

53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Luke 22:19-20 (New International Version)

19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

John 14:23 (New International Version)

23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Say tomorrow I wanted to accept Jesus as my personal savior, how exactly does accepting Jesus as my personal savior work?

It is all by faith, no magic words or magic actions, just ask Jesus in faith, believe in your heart and live with Him as Lord.

This is a good chapter Isaiah 55

Blessings,

Stephen

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Quillsky

If I were to accept Jesus as my personal savior, what would I have to do?

This is an interesting question. If I were you, I would have used it as the thread title.

The answer is that you need to want a saviour enough to believe whatever you have to believe you have one. You could base your belief on the bible or imagine that you have a personal relationship with the holy man in the sky. But most of all you have to want accept Jesus as your personal saviour.

Want accept Jesus as your personal saviour...You want to accept Jesus as your personal saviour...You want to accept Jesus as your personal saviour...Try harder really, really want to accept Jesus as your personal saviour..Try harder you really, really want to accept Jesus as your personal saviour...Try again... You really, really want to accept Jesus as your personal saviour......................

If you have not yet accepted Jesus as your personal saviour... toil through the night and ask for his help. You will succeed if you really want to.

• sir82
    sir82

Based on everything I read or heard, you basically have to play-act a conversation in your head.

Pretend you are talking to someone real, even though there's no one there.

Think to yourself the words, "I accept you as my savior, and I have faith in you."

Ann-n-n-n-d blammo! That's pretty much it. You are now officially saved.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Or, like St Roger Daltrey, you could just forget the whole thing and say:

"I DON'T NEED TO BE FORGIVEN"

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I would like to invite any Calvinists to respond or correct my next statement. . .

If God predestines everything, then you cannot choose Christ. God will choose you, if it's his will. If he wants you to burn in Hell for all eternity, there is nothing you can do about it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I would like to invite any Calvinists to respond

Why in the world would anybody want THAT?!?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Why in the world would anybody want THAT?!?

Calvinism is on the rise in this country. It would be beneficial to know exactly what we're dealing with.

"New Calvinism" describes a return to the principles expressed by Martin Luther and John Calvin, among them that God takes the initiative in the salvation of people. The 16th-century reformers objected to the Roman Catholic doctrine that people could earn or buy their way into heaven.

The New Calvinists object to get-happy, Jesus-is-your-best-friend evangelism. Reformed theologians such as R.C. Sproul emphasize that church shouldn't be about people asking God for favors, but for people to glorify God without qualifications.

The belief that the Bible is God's word, irrefutable and without error, has brought Baptists and Presbyterians together in the New Calvinism movement. Some Reformed congregations such as Saint Andrew's reject modern elements of worship such as big screens, guitars and stadium seating in favor of choirs orchestral music and wooden pews.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-07-24/community/os-sproul-profile-box-20100724_1_john-calvin-reformed-theologians-new-calvinism

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Why are people joining? Masochism?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Why are people joining? Masochism?

You're just asking Deputy Dog to open a can.

I'm not sure what the appeal is. Perhaps it's easier to sleep at night, knowing that WHATEVER is happening on Earth, it is fully in line with God's Will at all times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit