tract campaigns

by seenitall 13 Replies latest jw friends

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

LostGeneration: profoundly well put.

I love your analogy about a major corporation with an incredible new product to share with the world.

I believe this very point will contribute significantly to their downfall.

The newer generation of JWs has to recognize that something just doesn't add up. The call to "Advertise Advertise Advertise the King and His Kingdom" has an almost eerie hollow ring to it when you consider all the incredible tools at their disposal to spread the word - that they are virtually ignoring in favor of the hugely inefficient slow-motion door to door drudgery. Even with an army of free laborers it is still grossly inefficient!

The Oracle

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    "Advertise Advertise Advertise the King and His Kingdom"

Ugghhh....that phrase just makes me sick to my stomach, the way they refer to it as part of their great and grand history...if only they knew the true Judge Rutherford

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I know what you mean!

Rutherford had to be one of the biggest and craziest a-holes of all time.

The Oracle

• cattails
    cattails

It's also a way to make territory cards look as if they've been covered with the preaching work.

Just walk up to a house, put a tract on the door and don't have to come back, got to keep going and do all the 'doors'.

It's always about doing 'doors' and not talking to your neighbors about the Good News of Jesus Christ and his resurrection to the right hand of God.

It's always a "different good news" and "a different gospel": An invisible presence that motivates people to be sub-servient to a group of self apointed men in a Governing Body that claims to be God's only channel on Earth.

Tract campaigns, if you're a blind follower of the WTS you gotta love 'em.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit