Something is wrong with my dad...

by Strider Arekksu 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

I keep prooving to my dad how fucked up this religion is, how it lies, and how it is willing to call Jesus and the prohets LIARS if it comes down to the wire to justify it's existance as a religion. The only thing I did not show him is the faulty logic that is used in their litaruature.

Sometimes he starts getting it and trying to listen, but if I don't say anything to him for a long time, and go off and do my own thing (studying by myself for a couple months), I come back and he'll be back to complete brainwash mode. And the sad thing is HE DOES NOT GO TO THE MEETINGS, and when he did (VERY RARELY) I'd go and PROVE TO HIM HOW THE ORGANIZATION IS WRONG! I'd sit and take notes on everything they have wrong in the scriptures. And he will see it, but if I say something that goes against the teachings, he can't except it, even if it is PLAINLY in the Bible that they aren't right.

I remember telling him that the scriptures does not say the whole world will become a paradise and the only place that would be restored to a garden like state of Eden would be the rebuilt Jersualem (Ezekiel 36: 35).

He said that can't be true? WHY? Because some fucked up religion told you they were being used by a moronic false god that doesn't know what the hell it's doing?

I told him, begged him to start diving into the scriptures, READING, STUDYING, TAKING NOTES! But he just makes excuses. He says to do it as a family, I said I can't keep doing it with you guys, you have to learn to study for yourself. He kept saying "you have your beliefs, and I have mine." I told him that he is not beliving anything, he is being lazy and that he is suppose to study the scriptures himself line on line, precept on precept. He went nuts.

He aslo said that what Jesus said in the past was outdated, implying that the org can overide it basicially. I told him that it was insane to call the words of not only a prophet but the Lord of the world outdadted when up against a bunch of insane humans with a superiority complex.

My dad is really intelligent too, there is no excuse for this (no offense) almost boderline mentally challenged behavior. I showed him some notes and scriptures showing that the org was a lie, he got mad took the notes ripped them up and threw them away, he also almost punched me in the face. He also kept saying over and over again to prove that the org was wrong, and I didn't really know what to say. I wanted to ask if he was a complete idiot, I mean what was I doing before? Does he hear anything at all when I say to him that the org is no fucking good? This is truly a prefect case of blindnesses and deafness. I just don't know what is wrong with him or how it can be fixed. Not doing anything seems to just revert him back to brainwash mode.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, Strider.

Perhaps this will not be welcomed advice, but as a mother I can tell you that you sound as if you are speaking disrespectfully to your father.

Although I no longer am a JW, I reserve the right to worship as I choose. Your father deserves this right, also. He evidently does not want you to be constantly "at him" concerning JWs. Please calm down, and at a later time, perhaps you can have a respecful discussion with him.

Secondly, I certainly hope you do not pepper your discussion with the F word, as you are doing in your post. (see number three on the posting guidelines) You can verbalize your feelings and information without resorting to crass words that probably will not impress upon him your sincerety.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It's amazing what brainwashing can do to otherwise intelligent people.

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

No, anything disrespectful in the post is just venting, it was not in the literal scruffle. This goes deeper than just "your beliefs, my beliefs". This is an Isrealite issue which is why I am getting on him about it, not listening basically equals death for us, which is why I'm trying to study these prohicies like crazy.

These verses are from the book of Enoch, which was taken out of the Bible by the leaders of christain religion or the false bride

"But small lambs were born from those white sheep, and they began to open their

eyes and to see and to cry to the sheep. But the sheep did not cry to them and did not

hear what they said to them, but were exceedingly deaf, and their eyes exceedingly and

powerfully blinded."

"And I saw at that time that an abyss like it was opened in the middle

of the earth, which was full of fire, and they brought those blinded sheep, and they all were

judged and were found to be sinners, and were thrown into the abyss of fire and burned; and

this abyss was to the right of that house."

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You might get a better hearing if you stop trying to convert him to your new found beliefs and just concentrate on the WTs faulty ones.

Personally, I don't see the point in trying to rescue a 2000 year old prophesy from its failure by re-interpreting it to mean something other than what was intended by its originator. It just starts another apocalyptic doomsday religion that will damage more children.

Maybe your Dad doesn't see your new 'Truth' as having any better chance of success than the WT. It is based on the same set of old books, so it is likely to suffer the same fate.

• Hadit
    Hadit

I can totally relate to your frustration. It's mind control at its best. It's awful. I've come to the conclusion that people need to come to realization in their own time and that the only thing I can really do is sow seeds slowly. Unconditional love is also a huge key - they will not get that from the organization - YOU can give that to him and perhaps that will help him wake up. Remember - it is also much harder for older ones to let go of their beliefs because a much bigger part of their time and life has been invested in it. It's a really hard pill to swallow to realize you've been duped for so long.

I wish you all the best and sincerely hope he wakes up.

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

"You might get a better hearing if you stop trying to convert him to your new found beliefs and just concentrate on the WTs faulty ones."

You know in order to fully CONVERT someone to something it has to be an actual relgion or practice, unfortunately this is not it, this is dealing with a nation of people. The sad thing is there are many higher up people in the western governmental organization of the world who know what I'm talking about and know its true and are making FUN of the children of Isreal because they don't know who they are anymore.

The reason why most of the prophecies "fail" is beacuse they have NOTHING to do with most of the world, it's only talking about the decendants of one race of people, but when people get taught that same garbage that race doesn't matter, over and over again, no one can tell what is going on anymore.

I'm telling my dad that the most important thing for the Isrealite to do is to get out of these religions, every last one of them, and realize why they are at the bottom of society. This doomsday lie stuff isn't 'doomsday' - its payback for what was done to the children of Isreal and how they were treated as slaves, as alligator bait and made into a race of mockery, that's why Jesus said vengence is his, he will deal with all nations for what they did to Isreal , Judah and making Jersualem some kind of gettaway resort.

But I'm not concnerned with whether non-decendants of Isreal actually believe what I'm saying, they have their own gods and ideas they can run after.

But thanks to all that encouraged me. I'm probably just going to go back to studying and not worrying about him anymore. I'm tired of going in circles . The only problem is that he doesn't go to meetings so he can't see the flaws as much as I can, he can only see them put on their best behavior attitude. He also believes that God would not leave the world in the wilderness, and that belief is over powering what the scriptures actually say.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

You're pushing him too hard, and in the process activating cult defenses that would otherwise go dormant. Go to Steven Hassans site and READ how to engage a cultist's mind without activating defensive belief structures...and make progress.

You need to not care that you are right, not beemotionally attached to the fact that you're right, and avoid all aggressive engagements with him. IF you truly love him and want to help him, you can and must do that. If you have your ego mixed in with your intentions at all you will fail.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Wow. He has his beliefs and you are trying to convince him that YOU have it figured out and have divined the prophecies and are trying to save his life. Huh.

• StAnn
    StAnn

He aslo said that what Jesus said in the past was outdated, implying that the org can overide it basicially.

Did he really say that? Does the WTS actually promote that idea? If so, I'd like a link to it in some literature!

If they say that Jesus' teachings are outdated, then why do they want to be thought of as Christians? To be a Christian, you follow Christ!

Totally insane.

And, yes to the above, you're pushing too hard. In the case of my mother, even if it slapped her in the face that it's all a lie, she'd hold onto her beliefs because she can't face the fact that she wasted her entire life in this cult and destroyed the lives of her husband, children, and grandchildren. It's more reality and more responsibility than she can take. Your dad may not be in a position emotionally to accept that he's spent years believing a lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit