Scientists are wrong...

by MrFreeze 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

From what I can gather about the talk in the DC that featured the two new brochures, the scientists are wrong... except when they agree with the WT.

One sister who they interviewed even went as far to say that she was an atheist and it caused her and all her atheist friend's lives to spin out of control. Because we all know atheists are all drug addicts and have no self-control and nothing to guide their moral decisions. I had to hold in my laughter for that one.

• Enlightened_Erika
    Enlightened_Erika

I'm very confused, could you please elaborate on how the scientists are becoming hypocritical (it seems) on their accurate abilities to be unbiased professionals in their field of study opposed to the "sister"? And how does her statement related to what the scientists are imposing? Lol that statement actually may be true OR believable by my standards about atheists. I'm open minded but I've done done research called personal observation. What is there to live for without Jehovah God?

• Enlightened_Erika
    Enlightened_Erika

And by opposing the sister I mean the WT as well. Thank you.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Pretty much that the fossils that scientists find are accurate, as long as they prove that the earth isn't 6,000 years old but if the scientists bring out fossils that may prove that evolution is true, the JW's disregard it without even investigating it or providing any proof that the fossils aren't constructive to evolution.

• freydo
    freydo

Moscow deaths double amid smog to 700 people a day

By VLADIMIR ISACHENKOV, Associated Press Writer – 21 mins ago

MOSCOW – Deaths in Moscow have doubled to an average of 700 people a day as the Russian capital is engulfed by poisonous smog from wildfires and a sweltering heat wave, a top health official said Monday. Moscow health chief Andrei Seltsovky blamed weeks of unprecedented heat and suffocating smog for the rise in mortality compared to the same time last year, Russian news agencies reported. He said city morgues were nearly overflowing, filled with 1,300 bodies, close to their capacity. Acrid smog blanketed Moscow for a six straight day Monday, with concentrations of carbon monoxide and other poisonous substances two to three times higher than what is considered safe. Those airborne pollutants reached a record over the weekend — exceeding the safe limit by nearly seven times. About 550 separate blazes were burning nationwide Monday, mainly across western Russia, including about 40 around Moscow, according to the Emergencies Ministry. Forest and peat bog fires have been triggered by the most intense heat wave in 130 years of record keeping. Alexander Frolov, head of Russia's weather service, said judging by historic documents, this heat wave could be the worst in up to 1,000 years........"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_russia_fires

• cantleave
    cantleave

Mr. Freeze - where do you get the idea that JW's believe the earth is 6000 years old? They say mankind is 6000 years old not the earth.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Mr. Freeze - where do you get the idea that JW's believe the earth is 6000 years old? They say mankind is 6000 years old not the earth.

He is probably saying that JW's can take Science's word when they demonstrate that the earth is way older than 6000 years old because fundamentalists often believe the earth was created in 6 literal days and then man lived a bit more than 6000 years. WTS acts as if they are above that and "of course science can prove it" so they are smarter than fundamentalists.

BUT when the same type of Science demonstrates that evolution is a fact, JW's and WTS totally disbelieve them, laugh at them.

This way, WTS and the JW's can feel smarter than fundamentalists and smarter than scientists. The uneducated "foolish men" know better than everyone else.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's great when you can say anything in your publications and 7 million idiots (including myself until recently)will believe it, even if something you say contradicts something else you said previously.

• sir82
    sir82
    the scientists are wrong... except when they agree with the WT.

That's what kills me.

[Scientists apply rigorous testing methods to analyze observed facts, and develop a theory which happens to not contradict what the Bible says]

--> "See, the Bible is in harmony with science! Ain't science & the Bible grand?"

[Scientists apply rigorous testing methods to analyze observed facts, and develop a theory which does contradict what the Bible says]

--> "Scientists are selfish, greedy, amoral idiots whose primary, if not sole, purpose in life in to discredit the Bible and ruin your faith."

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Yes, scientists are sometimes wrong and sometimes right. But, scientists don't claim to be Jehovah or Jehovah's mouthpiece and require unquestionable loyalty. The WTS does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit