A Terry inspired post - Whose interpretation do you follow?

by donny 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• donny
    donny

Terry had a great post the other day entitled " IF THE BIBLE is so darned great---why don't people JUST read IT?." Yesterday someone knocked on my door and by the time I got there they had left and I found this postcard taped to the door.

The front has a picture of an open bible and the words "NOW is the time to KNOW" Below that is this statement: (bolding theirs)

"The Bible is as relevant as ever to your life and family. Let us prove it! Our Bible Study Guides will help you understand the Bible better than you ever have before.

It then shows a weblink - www.amazingfacts.org

Then it says "Log on or sign up today to discover:

What the Bible really says about the rapture

What the Bible says about the last days

What happens when we die

How to live strong and healthy today

plus so much more!

On the flip side it says:

Studying the Bible with these Study Guides has changed thousands of lives, and it will change your life too! From the Bible alone, your questions will be answered - questions such as:

If God is so good, why is there so much suffering?

How can I be prepared for earths final events?

Who is the Antichrist?

What is the mark of the beast and 666?

How can I improve my marriage?

Where are we at in Revelation's prophecies?

How can I really know God like a best friend?

How can I have freedom from my addictions?

What is heaven really going to be like?

I visted the site and found it similar to JW's in some respects (like the resurrection and the evil die and are not eternally tormented) and other parts are more like the Trinitarian church teachings. What struck me about this postcard was how JW it looked in both its questions and its pictures of people with happy faces and happy families and how they have the answers from the Bible, you just need their guides to help you along. As Terry said, it is a book that has countless interpretations and God expects you to filter through them all to figure out who is right and who is full of it.

I write procedures on how to do certain tasks at my place of employement and if I wrote one that could be interpreted countless ways, I would have that responsibility taken away from me in a flash. Surely the Being that created everything in the universe could have put together a more coherent guide to help us know and understand him/her.

Donny

• cult classic
    cult classic

Surely the Being that created everything in the universe could have put together a more coherent guide to help us know and understand him/her.

I agree donny.

• designs
    designs

In Moorish Spain during the time of Jewish Rabbi Maimonides speculation about a heavenly reward had become so fanicful and exaggerated among the Jewish population that the great teacher chided them saying- 'To believe so is to act like a school boy who expects nuts and sweets as a reward for doing his lessons'.

• tec
    tec

Surely the Being that created everything in the universe could have put together a more coherent guide to help us know and understand him/her.

This is assuming that the bible is the guide God gave us. Not the Holy Spirit. Not Jesus.

Tammy

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

What a Bizarre statement: "This is assuming that the bible is the guide God gave us. Not the Holy Spirit. Not Jesus."

Without the Bible (or someone who READ it), you would know nothing about them. Has Jesus and the Nameless Ghost-God appeared to you and taught you?

The Bible was written so that it would be relevant to people in all ages- and is only misunderstood because of false agendas and religious tradition.

• tec
    tec

I suppose it is a little bizarre. I do believe that the bible is a guide, so I apologize. BUT - I do not think that it is THE guide. I just think that it can help lead us to THE guide, who is Christ.

I also think that the Holy Spirit can teach some of us without the bible - else how did anyone get carried along before the bible and scriptures were written to begin with?

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

As Terry said, it is a book that has countless interpretations and God expects you to filter through them all to figure out who

is right and who is full of it.

The Most Holy One of Israel expects no such thing, dear donny (peace to you!). He NEVER said, "Read the Bible," or any such thing. He didn't even say, "Look to the scriptures." Paul said that, yes. But even THE BIBLE says that Christ said:

"Y OU are searching the Scriptures, because YOU think that by means of them YOU will have everlasting life; and these are the very ones that bear witness about me. And yet YOU do not want to come to me that YOU may have life."John 5:39, 40

He did, dear Cult Classic. THE BIBLE says that that Guide... is His Son:

This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved; listen to him.” Matthew 17:5

But earthling man repeatedly fails to listen to that Son because of a lack of faith. They don't even believe he speaks... other than perhaps through the Bible. But what does THE BIBLE say regarding his speaking?

"See that YOU do not beg off from him who is speaking. For if they did not escape who begged off from him who was giving divine warning upon earth, much more shall we not if we turn away from him who speaks from the heavens." Hebrews 12:25

Yes, Shelby, but I haven't heard anyone speak to ME from the sky. The "heavens" are not IN the sky, dear one. The "heavens" are God's "dwelling" place, where He abides. And where is that "place"? THE BIBLE says:

“If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make our abode with him." John 14:23

And...

"Do YOU not know that YOU people are God’s temple, and that the spirit of God dwells in YOU?" 1 Corinthians 3:16

And...

"YOU are in harmony, not with the flesh, but with the spirit, if God’s spirit truly dwells in YOU." Romans 8:9

Even so, some still lack faith. So, okay, some things have been recorded. But we don't even listen to THAT. For instance:

“Most truly I say to YOU , He that does not enter into the sheepfold through the door but climbs up some other place, that one is a thief and a plunderer. But he that enters through the door is shepherd of the sheep.The doorkeeper opens to this one, andthe sheep listen to his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.When he has got all his own out, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, because they know his voice.A stranger they will by no means follow but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.” ... “Most truly I say to YOU , I am the door of the sheep. All those that have come in place of me are thieves and plunderers; but the sheep have not listened to them.I am the door; whoever enters through me will be saved, and he will go in and out and find pasturage.The thief does not come unless it is to steal and slay and destroy. I have come that they might have life and might have it in abundance.I am the fine shepherd; the fine shepherd surrenders his soul in behalf of the sheep.The hired man, who is no shepherd and to whom the sheep do not belong as his own, beholds the wolf coming and abandons the sheep and flees—and the wolf snatches them and scatters them— because he is a hired man and does not care for the sheep. I am the fine shepherd, and I know my sheep and my sheep know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I surrender my soul in behalf of the sheep. ... And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd." John 10:1-15

"These things I write YOU about those who are trying to mislead YOU. And as for YOU , the anointing that YOU received from him remains in YOU, and YOU do not need anyone to be teaching YOU; but, as the anointing from him is teaching YOU about all things, and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught YOU , remain in union with him." 1 John 1:26-27

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the cultivator. Every branch in me not bearing fruit he takes away, and every one bearing fruit he cleans, that it may bear more fruit. YOU are already clean because of the word that I have spoken to YOU . Remain in union with me, and I in union with YOU. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, in the same way neither can YOU , unless YOU remain in union with me.I am the vine, YOU are the branches. He that remains in union with me, and I in union with him, this one bears much fruit; because apart from me YOU can do nothing at all.If anyone does not remain in union with me, he is cast out as a branch and is dried up; and men gather those branches up and pitch them into the fire and they are burned. If YOU remain in union with me and my sayings remain in YOU , ask whatever YOU wish and it will take place for YOU." John 15:1-7

And finally:

"He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me.This is the bread that came down from heaven. It is not as when YOUR forefathers ate and yet died. He that feeds on this bread will live forever.”John 6:53-58

Such simple stuff: remain in union with Christ and that UNION... will teach you. Which is the VERY thing the WTBTS teaches NOT to do! Do you not SEE?????? There is a REASON they teach two "hopes" and two "flocks" and two "laws", etc. They don't WANT you to get the most BASIC of truths, that in order to see God/Christ... in order to be taught the truth... in order to KNOW the Truth... you must be IN UNION with the Truth, Christ... and in order to be IN UNION... YOU MUST EAT HIS FLESH AND DRINK HIS BLOOD. NO MATTER WHETHER YOU ARE OF THE 144,000... OR THE GREAT CROWD. Because... APART FROM HIM... i.e., outside of a UNION with him... YOU CAN DO NOTHING... and will KNOW nothing... AT ALL.

They KNOW this!

What often amazes me is (1) even those who believe God/Christ don't speak or if they do you can't hear them... don't know what THE BIBLE says about such things, indeed won't even LOOK... but leave it to others to tell them and then blame God when others LIE to them about what it says, and (2) will risk EVERYTHING... will steal, commit adultery, lie, and worse... but will NOT eat the flesh of Christ or drink his blood! Because they have put SUCH a fear of doing so IN you... that you are "free" as to all things, apparently, but that.

Yet, THAT... is what will SAVE you. THAT is what "washes you clean" of the OTHER stuff. THAT is the "least" command.

Eating Christ's flesh and drinking his blood does not mean you're saying you think you're special. You don't do it because you believe you are "anoited." You very often don't RECIEVE an anointing UNTIL you do it. It is your DECLARATION, however, as to WHO YOU BELONG TO. It is the "splashing" of blood on the DOORPOST of the "house" that is your body of flesh. It is partaking of the PASSOVER LAMB, which partaking is what allows death... to PASSOVER you.

I am not yelling, dear ones... or even raising my voice. I am simply emphasizing words, phrases, statements... that are important... that are of VALUE to you.

The Bible is not the Word of God. The Bible only contains writings, scriptures, that bear WITNESS to the Word of God. The Bible SAYS who that Word is: the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Son and Christ of the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies. Once you find HIM... rather, once you are FOUND by him... the Bible has no more "value" for you. It cannot lead you, guide you, teach you, or save you. Because it is Christ, the Holy Spirit, that leads, guides, and saves you... and the anointing FROM that One... that teaches you.

The Bible's only use after that is for those who have not YET found him... or been found by him... so that they are not yet walking by FAITH... but still by SIGHT.

May those with ears hear... and get the sense of these truths.

Again, I bid you all peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest tec, the greatest of love and peace to you... and your comment is right on, with one exception that I would like to note, if I may. Please do NOT take this as an attempt to undermine what you HAVE stated, 99% of which my spirit fully bears witness with: the Bible cannot lead us to Christ, dear one; the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies Himself, is the only One who can do that (John 6:44). Which is why our Lord is recorded to have let us know that after HE arrived, the scriptures (which, for some, is the Bible) were no longer necessary:

"Y OU are searching the Scriptures, because YOU think that by means of them YOU will have everlasting life; and these are the very ones that bear witness about me.And yet YOU do not want to come to me that YOU may have life." John 5:39, 40

The Bible does contain the Law, yes, which Paul (?) rightfully stated was a "tutor leading to Christ." But he went on to clarify that once Christ came and fulfilled the Law, that "tutor" was no longer necessary:

"Consequently the Law has become our tutor leading to Christ, that we might be declared righteous due to faith. But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a tutor." Galatians 3:24, 25

Paul, however, caused quite a bit of confusion, even down to this day due to his advice to Timothy about "all scripture" being "beneficial for teaching, reproving, setting things straight, etc." Such a statement has actually turned folks BACK... and AWAY from the One sent by God... and who we were told to listen to. Praise JAH, that John CORRECTED that misleading teaching when he wrote:

"These things I write YOU about those who are trying to mislead YOU. And as for YOU , the anointing that YOU received from him remains in YOU , and YOU do not need anyone to be teaching YOU ; but, as the anointing from him is teaching YOU about all things, and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught YOU , remain in union with him. So, now, little children, remain in union with him, that when he is made manifest we may have freeness of speech and not be shamed away from him at his presence." 1 John 2:26-27

John's point is as valid today as it was back then: it is not the Bible nor the scriptures... nor the Law... that is our tutor, teacher, or guide... TODAY. It is Christ, by means of holy spirit, to whom we are drawn to... by God.

Again, please excuse this "adjustment" - I did not mean to offend or usurp or hijack, but only needed to set the matter accurate as to the TRUTH. Because the TRUTH is what's most important... and the truth HERE is that we really don't need the Bible at all. NOT... if we have received an anointing with holy spirit... which "water" ALL should be "thirsting" for.

I bid you the greatest of love and peace, and I AM your servant and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

Shelby - You could not possibly offend me. Please don't worry about 'adjusting' anything I have to say. I encourage it. And in truth, I agree with what you said. Completely. (Even though I will still ponder it and test it)

When I stopped studying with the witnesses, I searched and scrambled through the bible to find the 'truth'. I just wanted to know what I should do. It must be in there somewhere, right? If God could just tell me what to do, and I would do it, and I would no longer have to think for myself anymore. (This was all about deeds though. Rule following. Not changing the heart and following that)

I did not find any peace until I just let go. Until I put myself in God's hands, and asked that he guide me wherever I needed or He wanted me to be. I'm certain that I am still on that journey. (and yes, I consider everything you say, Shelby, and no, I have not yet followed all of your advice - I am not entirely sure what holds me back, some of the doubts in myself as a start, I believe - I am also stubborn and very slow to change)

For a time after I quit my study, I also had to stop scouring through the bible because it kept bringing me down - since I was seeing mostly fear and darkness and punishment and rules and laws - and no freedom. Once I found my peace (and so much joy came with that), those feelings passed, and I didn't see those things anymore. I see things in love and faith, both for Christ and as He taught us.

Peace and love to you, Shelby,

Tammy

• donny
    donny

Shelby,

I appreciate your response and I admire your faith in what you follow. Over my 51 years and especially in the 18 since leaving the Watchtower, I have met many, many spirit directed believers who follow their leader, Jesus, and I have sat and discussed many things.

And just as I have seen with the ones who try to follow the Bible, I see the same disagreements and variations of teachings from those who are guided by the Holy Spirit. What I see in all of these folks are the humanity of the people coming through loud and clear.

I was with a group of "Holy Spirit" directed people many years ago and during conversations with individuals of that group, some told me that Gods spirit revealed to them that Christians would be caught away just prior to the Great Tribiulation and others told me the spirit told them it would be during or just after. And each one appeared to be very sincere.

The Watchtower Society and others uses threat and manipulation to achive unity because that is apparently the only way it can really be achieved with humans.

Donny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit