Interesting terminology heard at this year's DC

by baltar447 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Could he have meant that ONLY annointed are "really" JWs and that anyone else, even if baptized are just "friends of JWs?

When my family joined in the late 30's that was they way it worked, my family just being 'Jonadabs'.

Only the annointed were Jehovah's witnesses. Note that 'witnesses' was not capitalised as it was not a proper noun as it is now.

• knock knock
    knock knock

They have no trouble holding both notions as true. They both ARE and ARE NOT Jehovah's Witnesses. Whichever they want to claim. Surely this is no surprise here. You'd be silly to think they have only one official position on anything.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Baltaar, me personally I'd say don't look too far into what the speaker said. I don't foresee any noo lite coming anytime soon. I just got back from the District Convention, and I've got a whole lot on my mind right now. A whole lot regarding this organization, and which direction its headed. The one thing I'm sure of, there's not going to be any room for any "friends of JWs" other than the sense of anybody studying with JWs, and the occasional person who might just show up after recieving an invitation from someone they know.

• baltar447
    baltar447

mse, I figured it might be nothing, I just noticed it and it stuck out. Since I've been looking into things, I'm listening a bit more intently than I used to.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have read that originally, when the "New name" was adopted in 1931, the term J W's applied to the anointed, and the other sheep were "The Jonadabs"..Along the line somewhere this has been dropped completely. They are all J W's now and have been in living memory

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I thought JW's were not allowed to have 'friends" but only "aquaintances"

• undercover
    undercover
    I thought JW's were not allowed to have 'friends" but only "aquaintances"

hahaha.... that's pretty good.

For a cult that doesn't want it's followers to have outside friends, then just what is a "friend of Jehovah's Witnesses"? The UN? Pedophiles?

• Terry
    Terry

A Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses which does not contain one anointed member would be called what?

Literal-mindedness goes with cult fanaticism.

Rather than discerning reality one is guided and persuaded to parse and differentiate nomenclature.

Obsessing over the jot and tiddle keeps you from spending time actually having a life.

Sort of like fanboys discussing who is the better superhero; Superman or Batman.

Nerds with no life=Jehovah's Witnesses.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The second baptism question:

(2) Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

George

• milola
    milola
    NO. The official teaching is that ONLY ANOINTED JWs are recognized as real JWs.

If that is the case then for sure their god is playing a nasty trick on them. For someone to actually claim to be witness of Jehovah would lead me to believe they feel they get their information directly from their god. Why on earth would their god keep screwing with their heads with just what the truth is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit