Y R Active JWs Here???

by plmkrzy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

You’ll have to excuse me I’m still trying to play catch-up with what’s going on here but.
    This is addressed to all JWs in good standing, or anyone else who may want to comment.
    I will appreciate any insight from anyone regarding this.
    Why are you here???? Are you trying to save a few apostates?
    You know your playing with Satan.
    Is there someone in the GB giving a chosen few permission to post here?
    If you can be Df’d for smoking then why can’t you be shot for comming here to Satans playground?
    When I first got up the courage to log on, I had an entirely different perception of what I thought I was going to be viewing in here. I never thought I would be seeing posters who were still active JWs arguing with apostates! Quite frankly I was SHOCKED!
    I haven’t read all the posts so please bare with me on this.
    I’m sure this has been discussed before, I missed it.
    plm

• Erich
    Erich

plmkrzy
    >If you can be Df’d for smoking then why can’t you be shot for comming here to Satans playground?<

Oh yes.
    I always feel two elders come into my dwelling room one morning and shot me and my wife ..lol

• happy man
    happy man

Well i am a JW in good standard, hde even been elder for over 20 year, leve 2 years ago, problems widh my boys, why I am here, some one must try to correkt all this leing going on here, and i am not afraid, i dont think anyone is forbidding you to try to answer qestions and try to tell peopel who it ism when other trying to do the opposite, perhaps I am a JW inn the liberal wing, but I am not lonley. I i dint now what typ of peopel i talk too, perhaps we as are inn here, think we are doing this beaucuse someone want it, i dont agree widh the policy that these who leve us is evela peopel, and i think it will be a cange on that not so fare away,

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Why are you here???? Are you trying to save a few apostates?
    You know your playing with Satan.
    Is there someone in the GB giving a chosen few permission to post here?
    If you can be Df’d for smoking then why can’t you be shot for comming here to Satans playground?

I think you have to answer the same question, don't you? If you are an active JW and think this is "Satan's playground," why are you here?

A lot of active JW's are here because they know something is drastically wrong with the organization, ands they are looking for answers. Some here have started out that way, and have come out of the organization based upon what they learned here.

Then, there are a few pompous loons who come on here breathing fire and brimstone against the "apostates," but who quickly vanish when their tirades are seriously challenged. Whether they are sanctioned by the governing body is open for discussion, but I don't think the GB is dumb enough to support some of these quacks. They certainly don't accomplish anything for their cause except to make themselves look foolish.

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• Earnest
    Earnest

Hi plmkrzy,

Of course I can only speak for myself but I rather view this as a cyber-pub that I pop into on the odd evening for some liquid refreshment and scintillating conversation. Quite frankly there are some people in my local who act as if they are permanently pissed and I give them a wide berth. But as for the others I take them at face value. Jesus said that out of the heart the mouth speaks and in a cyber-pub such as this that is surely the only foundation for making judgements (in the social rather than the judicial sense).

I do think I have some things worth saying. But those who would chat with me would be the better judge of that. And if no-one wants to chat I'm quite happy to sit in a corner and savour my pint. But apart from the human interest and mental gymnastics and desire for truth, I have gained something here it would be difficult to find elsewhere. A very frank and free discussion of the mistakes made by elders and parents in applying man-made rules under the conviction they were doing God's will. If that prevents me (or anyone) from making the same mistakes then I consider I have gained immeasurably from my time here. And I hope I have given something back to the community.

Earnest

"Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the frumious Bandersnatch." - Rev. Charles Dodgson

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

HappyMan
    Thanks 4 your reply, but don't you think that a better way to try to prevent any harm from places like this would be better achieved elsewhere? 100% of those who post here do it because they already have expeirence with the society. Well I'm assuming 100%. active happy JWs logging on here can only hope to get into arguments that will more than likely take them nowhere. Why bother?
    plm

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

NeonMadman
    Correct me if i misunderstood you but Did I give you the impression that I am active? The only reason I began comming here was because I stopped being active.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Correct me if i misunderstood you but Did I give you the impression that I am active? The only reason I began comming here was because I stopped being active.

Yes, I did get the impression from your original post that you were an active JW who was chiding other active JW's for hanging out here. Obviously, that seemed a bit inconsistent.

But I must admit, I'm still confused as to your position. Do you still believe that the JW's are God's organization? Are you here for the reason I suggested, that you are disenchanted with the organization but are looking for answers? Were you employing a bit of sarcasm in your remarks to active JW's about this being "Satan's playground"?

Just curious...

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I cant see theyd be coming here to rescue apostates.
    More likely:
    1) theyve got doubts themself
    2) they feel confident they are right and want to test their mettle.

Regarding the first option:
    A lot of people hang onto church membership long after they dont want to be there anymore. People get tired of being told how to live, when to eat, and how hard to work. A lot of them are trapped mentally, even after they do eventually stop going to meetings, they still believe its the Truth. Some people I know, havent attended in 10 years but still believe its True. When you actually talk to these people you can see they are ALMOST free. They feel the org is too restrictive, too tight, too demanding, too plodding,but they cant make the mental break which would lead to the conclusion that they were wrong all those years. Following after a bunch of opinionated men.
    Hopefully, a lot of those here (still active)are dabbling their feet in the waters of freedom of information and opinion, and having fantasies about swimming in the lagoon of independant study and freedom of choice.

• flower
    flower

i think that its because they arent 'happy' or strong in their faith at all. in fact they know that something is wrong and they are searching for answers. it may look like they are just causing trouble but they are just confused and angry and hurt inside. they are in denial right now about the truth about the 'truth', and understandably so, its a very major thing to find out and accept.

so they lash out at us and try desperately to find answers for the things that are stated here that prove the org is a fraud of a religion. they try to come up with answers in their mind to prove the org is Gods org and that these board members are apostates and evil. Hopefully they will all come to their senses soon. I look at then with some degree of pity.

Of course there are also a few that come here that 'claim' to be witnesses but i dont believe it for a second. they are simply here to stir things up and keep the board controversy alive.

I dont think you will ever find a happy, spiritually strong, active JW that has no doubts about his org actually post here. they would have no reason to break the orgs rule about reading apostate material.

flower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit