Shocking WT Quotes

by brotherdan 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Hey guys, it's been a while. I just thought I'd start a thread asking for the most shocking WT quotes you've come across. Here are some of the ones that have shocked me.

1. "Can The Ethiopian Change His skin color? No. But.. what the Ethiopian cannot do for himself God could readily do for him. The difference between the races of men .. have long been arguments against the solidarity of the human family. The doctrine of restitution has also raised the question. How could all men be brought to perfection and which color of skin was the original? The answer is now provided. God can change the Ethiopian's skin in his own due time.. Julius Jackson, of New Frankfort, Montana, a negro boy of nine years, began to grow white in September, 1901, and is now fully nine-tenths white. He assures us that this is no whitish skin disease; but that the new white skin is as healthy as that of any white boy, and that the changed boy has never been sick and never has taken medicines.." {Zions Watchtower Feb 15 1904 pg 52-3}

2. "When Uranus and Jupiter meet in the humane sign of Aquarius in 1914, the long-promised era will have made a fair start in the work of setting man free to work out his own salvation, and will insure the ultimate realization of dreams and ideals of all poets and sages in history." {Watchtower May 1 1903 pg 130-1}

3. "Vaccination never prevented anything and never will, and is the most barbarous practice .. Use your rights as American citizens [i.e. participate politically!!] to forever abolish the devilish practice of vaccination." {GA Oct 12 1921 pg 17}

4. "But the dog-rabies-vaccine imposition is the latest.. Rabies! When it has been shown conclusively that there is no such thing as rabies [hydrophobia]!.. a mental hoax .. Vaccination, summed up, is the most unhygienic, barbaric, filthy, abhorrent, and most dangerous system of infection known. Its vile poison taints, corrupts, and pollutes the blood of the healthy, resulting in ulcers, syphilis, scrofula, erysipelas, tuberculosis, cancer, tetanus, insanity, and death" {GA Jan 1 1923 pg 214)

5. "Some one asked me the other day: Suppose you should be here in 1925 what would you do? I said, I believe I will be home in the Pleiades before then .." {Watchtower Nov 1 1920 pg 334}

6. "Many have wondered how accidents would be avoided during Christ's kingdom, since we are told that nothing shall then hurt or destroy. Most accidents are due to gravitation and its effects. Falling from airplanes.. may be avoided by an individual negative gravity device. Scientists tell us that there is enough atomic energy in a finger-nail to propel a battleship. The people of the future may carry a little of this energy around with them, and if they fall down an elevator shaft they can let themselves down easy. Then they can turn a little more on and go back up.. No danger of falling down stairs then." {GA Mar 24 1926 pg 404}

7. "The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which
    scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared with the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God." {Reconciliation pg 14}

8. "Quite likely there is some connection between the violation of human blood [vaccines] and the spread of demonism.. sexual immorality .. Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." {GA Feb 4 1931 pg 293-4}

9. "The Journal of the A.M.A. is the vilest sheet that passes the United States mail.. Nothing new and useful in therapeutics escapes its unqualified condemnation. Its attacks are generally ad hominem. Its editorial columns are largely devoted to character assassination.. Its editor [a Jew] is of the type of Jew that crucified Jesus Christ." {GA Sep 26 1934 pg 807}

10. " It is significant that heart-transplant patients, where the nerves connecting the heart and brain are severed, have serious emotional problems after the operation.. the new heart in turn registers few, if any, clear factors of motivation on the brain. To what extent the nerve endings of the body and the new heart are able to make some connections in time is not clear, but this cannot be ruled out as one of the several factors causing the serious mental aberrations and disorientation that doctors report are observed in heart-transplant patients. These patients have donor-supplied pumps for their blood, but do they now have all the factors needed to say they have a 'heart'? One thing is sure, in losing their own hearts, they have had taken away from them the capacities of 'heart' built up in them over the years and which contributed to making them who they were as to personality." {Watchtower Mar 1 1971 133-9}

And last but not least, here's the best/most shocking:

11. "As regards the alleged involvement of children, the [WatchTower Bible and tract Society] submits that children cannot become members of the association but only participate, together with their parents, in the religious activities of the community. In respect of the refusal of blood transfusion, the applicant association submits that there are no religious sanctions for a Jehovah's Witness who chooses to accept blood transfusion and that, therefore, the fact that the religious doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses is against blood transfusion cannot amount to a threat to public health." {Sworn testimony submitted by the Society in evidence before the European Human Rights Commission Jul 3 1997}

• Titus
    Titus

CRAZY!

• pirata
    pirata

Thanks Brother Dan!

Do you have the older Golden Age Articles? I have the issues from 1932-1937 (CD from research applications) but have been unable to find the older issues.

Also is the Human Rights Commision information available in PDF?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Here is a link that will supply you with the court documents, letters of inquiry written to the WT, and other materials about this deception that went on in Bulgaria.

http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/abandon.shtml

As far as the older GA's, they are no longer copywritten and can be optained through multiple open domain sites. If there is a specific one you want, I can email it to you.

• Titus
    Titus

Pirata....

I have the issues from 1932-1937 (CD from research applications)

May I ask you something?

Can you upload it?

Of course, you can answer yes or no.

• Titus
    Titus

Bro Dan,

I would like to have those 1932-1937, but I cannot buy it here. Do you or anybody else know if it is possible to download it from somewhere?

• cult classic
    cult classic

Whenever I need a good laugh I'm gonna start reading old WT mags.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    9. "The Journal of the A.M.A. is the vilest sheet that passes the United States mail.. Nothing new and useful in therapeutics escapes its unqualified condemnation. Its attacks are generally ad hominem. Its editorial columns are largely devoted to character assassination.. Its editor [a Jew] is of the type of Jew that crucified Jesus Christ." {GA Sep 26 1934 pg 807}

To be fair, though, this is from another publication that was being quoted in the Golden Age.

Still it shows what the editor had no qualms quoting. One of the most surprising passages I found was in a Consolation in which Woodworth quotes anti-Catholic rhetoric from the Kourier published by the Ku Klux Klan in an article about Rutherford.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The one about how only the law of the land prevent them killing apostates.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That's a good one slimboy. Except it's even worse. It is not only talking about so-called apostates. It's talking about all disfellowshiped ones. So if the law was different it would probably be a "conscience matter" to kill such ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit