So what music are you listening to?

by BurnTheShips 126 Replies latest jw friends

• four candles
    four candles

A few things on the go at the moment. The new Motorhead album 'The World is Yours' rocks,it really is good and well worth a listen,bought today 'Stained Class' by Judas Priest,going to see them in July along with Dream Theatre at High Voltage. Also bought a Uriah heep compilation on vinyl which has some really good tracks on it.

• Violia
    Violia

I saw her in person and have been hooked on her music since. She has such a clear amazing voice.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm listening to several hundred hard drives and fans spinning, spinning, spinning. blech.

Just an hour and a half to go...

W

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Here is a little "Elvis goes to Cuba" to start out the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAbZW_kTNQo

BTS

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believe I was predestined to be a Beatles fan. Growing up, I was an original fan when they came to the US. I screeched b/c everyone was screeching. We started screeching before we heard their music or watched Ed Sullivan. It boggles my mind that I still play the music all the time. The validation from their continuing popularity is amazing but they were more specail when they had outlaw status. I bop around among the Beatles for solo career music.

The Who was big for me. Dylan is major.

My ipod is exposing me to music I may have been interested in but could not afford. I also concentrate on classical music (very expensive), classical jazz, and Anglican/Gregorian hymns.chants. French pop music is also fun. If money were limitless, I'd expose myself to much more. Growing up, R & B seemed to be the enemy of white middle class music, the Beatles, etc. I despised it. Now I am acquiring it. The real hatred is rap music.

I also listen to crooners, such as Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Rod Steward, Andy Williams. All Beatles enemies.

Maybe I will turn into a hip-hop fan.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Sirius: Classic Rewind...

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I was listening to this, this morning. I've never really been into Bowie, but this song is tough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaFvitDHMag

I was in the book store on Tuesday, and they had this playing thoughout the store. I forgot how much I loved this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_8KR-n2fBQ

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Teena Marie's greatest hits. RIP Teena

• flipper
    flipper

I listen to lots of Beatles ( especially the digitally remastered new CD's. ) Pink Floyd, David Gilmour solo and Led Zeppelin are high on my listening list usually when I drive for miles to my jobs. Also- I highly recommend Tom Petty & Heartbreakers new release of 2010 called Mojo ! Awesome CD.Probably the best material Petty has put out since 1989 . Lots of blues influence, minor chord guitar riffs which are very appealing. Like listening to Mark Knofler and Dire Straits stuff also. Love his guitar style.

Also my wife and I listen to the Blues a lot. One Blues artist who has been around awhile but is finally getting recognition is Otis Taylor of whom I own about 4 of his CD's. Awesome, awesome guitar player, as well as dobro, mandolin, and banjo player. Real Southern Blues with a tinge of Gospel also. Wifey loves it a lot as well. But when I need my Blues fix I'm constantly going to Stevie Ray Vaughan, Buddy Guy, even Jimi Hendrix has a Blues CD . Also little known Peter Green - the original founding member of Fleetwood Mac - I listen to his stuff as it is haunting, smooth Blues guitar at it's best ! So- Those are some of the artists I like. Also Robbie Robertson's " music for Native Americans " is fantastic- mixing Native American with bluesy rock & roll, beautiful stuff , love it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Someone had a Xavier Rudd video in this thread. He is awesome!

There are a lot of good musical tastes in this forum!

@undercover, I just saw Hank III in concert back in the Fall of '10.

I've been listening to Depeche Mode a lot, NiN, and Tool. I'd have to say that Tool is my favorite band. I listen to a lot of blues and folk music too. Anyone know this band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX2jNbiXf5U

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit