Is there anything wrong with "United in Worship" book?

by Albert Einstein 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I read on here that there was an updated version of this book with two chapters removed, the one on blood and the one on Mosaic law. I have never seen the revised copy and it has now been replaced and out of print.

It wasn't really an "updated version" of "United in Worship..." but it was a replacement "second book" to study with people called "Worship the Only True God." And yes, it was watered down and missing blood doctrine and Mosaic Law, IIRC.

They don't really use it much anymore because if you don't get dunked by the end of Bible Teach they usually just dump you.

• Chalam
    Chalam

There must be "noo light" so they need to destroy the "old darkness".

Anyhow, today's "noo light" is just tomorrow's darkness, just study the historical doctrines of the WT.

Stick around long enough and they surely the JWs will become "YWs"!

Blessings,

Stephen

• seenitall
    seenitall

New light overtakes all the dark bad light. Refining by holy spirit! Let's have a book burning. Farenheit 451, anyone?

One of my favorite books and movies of all time. Dr Strangelove is also at the top and The Night of the Hunter (Robert Mitchum plays a deranged preacher - he yells out "Jehovah commands you children!"

Ah, days of wine and roses and the 39 steps. What a gay old life it is!

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

This has not happend in the UK

• wobble
    wobble

They did it years ago in the U.K with the old 1950's " Paradise " book, a sort of revolting peachy coloured thing, with revolting pictures inside to frighten the kiddies.

They asked that all copies be returned, and none kept in K.H libraries, for years afterward we had one in our K.H library, its probably still there, along with an original "United in worship" and all 7 "Studies in the Scriptures" by Russell and his ghost. .

That title, U in W, sounds like a good one for football fans in the U.K

• seenitall
    seenitall

Ah, the old peach colored bomb. It was shear terror looking at the artwork - swords, babes offered up to Baal and esp. the big A! Us kiddies would go and hide. They never collected the old books. I still have mine and remember studying with many young ones in the 60s with it and then the great teacher book. Oh, to be young again. And don't forget the old Heritage Movie. Heard from a CO in Brooklyn that most of the kids in it fell out the Truth later. Maybe a bit too much of US Glass bombing out the words about the days back then. Have to love it!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

'Bring in your old UW books for recycling'? That's preposterous! Why single that one out? There are crate loads of 'old light' they could recycle. Ooh, maybe someone should start a new thread: "WT publications that should have been mulched by now: No #1 - the Reasoning book ... ."

Besides, I liked the UW book. As a teen, it was the first book I got my teeth into and actually enjoyed 'studying.' The margins and in between the lines are plastered with blue ink from my enthusiastic underlining and note-taking. It's a reminder of where I was back then - keen and sponge-like.

Meeting Junkie No More said:

...when I asked the owner of the store if he got many older Watchtower publications, he advised that they disappeared pretty quickly; it might be possible, he advised, that WT sent its own people out looking for them to buy them up for destruction!

Nahh. It'll be collectors with an interest in JW history or teaching - hard copies from that era are like gold. I also like mooching around musty and dusty second-hand bookstores. Once I saw the old 1927(?) Creation book while on vacation. I didn't buy it at the time for some reason, but the year after I visited the same place and it was still there so I snapped it up!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Nahh. It'll be collectors with an interest in JW history or teaching - hard copies from that era are like gold. I also like mooching around musty and dusty second-hand bookstores. Once I saw the old 1927(?) Creation book while on vacation. I didn't buy it at the time for some reason, but the year after I visited the same place and it was still there so I snapped it up!

My sister found a kingdom ministry from the early 70s that pegged 1975 as the end in a second hand store. I told her she should have bought it since they act like they never said anything about 75.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit