Is there anything wrong with "United in Worship" book?

by Albert Einstein 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Few months ago in my country (Eastern Europe) a letter was read in congregation, that the "United in Worship of the only true God" (the blue book people studied as a second book after "You can Live Forever"...) is updated an replaced by another book and all publishers should bring their copies to elders. The reason presented was that brothers (due to efficiency) want to recykle the books ecologicaly (Iam not making this up). It was literally said, that all books should be taken to the KH and not a single copy should be kept home.

When my MIL told us that (we were not going to meetings at that time already with my wife) I told her, that as far as I know brothers do not have any recykling facility and if they do and want to be ecological, they should ask for ALL updatet publications, not just for this book. She was confused, but obediently took her copy and gave it to the elders.

Shortly after we visited a KH in my area and we really saw many used UW books being pilled up in the back of the hall.

Do you have any information on that? We have in my country recently several legal issues with JW, so is it just local problem or something in your area is happening as well with this book?

Albert

• Titus
    Titus

Eastern Europe? I am from Eastern Europe too. Which country if I may know? You can PM me if you want.

COMRADE TITO

• Titus
    Titus

And.... book UW was replaced with WT book (2002), which is only revised UW. Now, both of them are for recycling.

• sir82
    sir82

It's got lots of "old light" about blood transfusions and the "faithful and discreet slave". I don't recall for sure, but it may also go heavily into the "generation of 1914" thing.

In the USA that book was "replaced" by a watered down version 10 or so years ago, but we were not asked to turn the old ones in.

I wonder if there are potential problems with blood transfusion lawsuits in your country, and the WTS is trying to bury evidence that might be used against it?

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    The reason presented was that brothers (due to efficiency) want to recykle the books ecologicaly

This really sounds bogus. They have NEVER been, in all the years I was a witless, concerned about ecology or recycling.

Interesting aside: At a second-hand bookstore some years ago, I was able to buy Rutherford's DELIVERANCE; I was really surprised to find it - when I asked the owner of the store if he got many older Watchtower publications, he advised that they disappeared pretty quickly; it might be possible, he advised, that WT sent its own people out looking for them to buy them up for destruction! That was the first I had ever heard of that modus operandi. They MUST BE running scared!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Like a carton of milk, ALL Watchtower publications have an expiration date.

A false prophet should never be too specific. Unfortunately, WT is stuck on stupid like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

"time is the enemy of the false prophet"

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

The book is on the 2007 cd. It is the same as the hard copy 1983 version. Here is a couple quotes about 1914 from it.

*** uw chap. 23 p. 176 par. 2 Keep Close in Mind Jehovah's Day ***

The Scriptures clearly show that the "generation" that saw the beginning of Christ's presence would also see the "great day of Jehovah" in which he executes judgment against all who practice unrighteousness. (Matt. 24:34; Zeph. 1:14-2:3) That "generation" is now well along in years.

*** uw chap. 22 pp. 169-170 par. 2 Continue to Speak God's Word With Boldness ***

2 In the year 1914 C.E. an even more marvelous event of universal importance took place. God's Kingdom in the hands of Jesus Christ actually was established in heaven. Next, Satan and his demons were hurled down to the earth. (Rev. 12:1-5, 7-12) The last days of the present wicked system had begun. Before the generation that witnessed the events of 1914 dies off, God will crush the entire Satanic system of things. (Matt. 24:34) Survivors will have before them the prospect of eternal life. In fulfillment of God's original purpose, all the earth will become a Paradise. If you have already embraced this good news, you have the responsibility to share it with others. (Matt. 24:14) But what response can you expect?

tt

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Tito: its Czech republic

Sir : I wonder if there are potential problems with blood transfusion lawsuits in your country, and the WTS is trying to bury evidence that might be used against it?

I think this might be the case.

Albert

• Titus
    Titus

Czech?

It's Central Europe, isn't it?

I am from ex-Yugoslavia!

CT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit