R.I.P Daniel

by Mattieu 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When my Mother was sick and dying, I told her that if the worst happened, then at least we could be sure of meeting again in the ressurection. I really meant it at the time.

Some years later when I saw the truth about "The Truth, the biggest disappointment was the realisation that I would not see her again, at least on the Earth in the way that we had believed..

I accused him of not loving Daniel, as staying in “the truth” was the only way he would see Daniel again..

One of the angry comments that I sometimes get from family is...."When I see your Mother ressurected, how am I going to tell her that you are not here??"

They know how to hit under the belt...

Mathieu, It is tragic to lose a brother so young. You have my condolences but may I say to please try and find some closure . Constant grief is not good for the soul or spirit

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear Mattieu, I'm so sorry about your loss... Yes, it's hard when it hits you you may not see your dear ones ever again after decades of unshakeable belief...

By the way, I'm flattered the Daniel of the song thought so greatly about Spain, having been born and lived in that country my whole life. It certainly is a beautiful place to live in...

• nelly136
    nelly136

BB, i used to get the 'how do i explain youre dead thing thrown at me'

my reply was.....if you had faith in your beliefs you'd know youre going to have your memory wiped, so there'll be no explaining to do.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/dg/article_10.htm

God's Kingdom rule will undo all the damage done to the human family for the past six thousand years. The joys at that time will far outweigh any suffering that people have experienced. Life will not be disturbed by any bad memories of previous suffering.

and the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart. But exult, you people, and be joyful forever in what I am creating." "The whole earth has come to rest, has become free of disturbance. People have become cheerful with joyful cries."—Isaiah 14:7; 65:17, 18.

• FlyingHighNow
  • Heaven
    Heaven

This song always reminds me of my nephew Daniel, who died 3 days after he was born. I never got the chance to hold him.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The people we love live foreer in the memories we have of them, the love we always feel for them.

In many ways we are the sum of our experiences, of our memories, of our love and your brother will always be with you because of those things.

God is love and in your love for your brother, God is there strengthening that bond and those memories.

Love is eternal and never dying, it never forgets and never leaves us and that is the love you have for your Brother.

You will see him again, of this I am sure, till then, he is always with you.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Thanks Cant Leave, Blues Brothers (nice advice, and a shame about the tacticts they use...) & Golden Sky (will pm you when I get to Spain!)

I feel for you too Heaven

PSacramento, thanks for such comforting words.

Mattieu..

• chickpea
    chickpea

truly a tribute to the life lost
    and a life saved, mattieu

i know the feeling of losing
    both a brother and a son
    because it was that one
    calendar year that brought
    the "truth" into my life and
    my family's... truly the lowest
    of low hanging fruit, a grieving
    mother ....

i reconciled with the losses
    and others that have come
    by thinking THIS is what it
    is to be human... finite and
    faced with opportunity to
    develop character traits that
    reveal our truest aspects....

courage
    humility
    valour
    dignity
    honour
    generosity
    and all the other attributes that
    could NEVER develop in a perfect
    world that never offered a challenge

you carry daniel into the future
    by the loving care you have for
    his memory... sadly the one aspect
    of future history we have with our
    beloved departed... how human we are!

• penny2
    penny2

(((Matty))) So sorry about the loss of your brother Daniel.

So sad that your family now feels compelled to shun you, simply because you are no longer an active JW.

penny

• poppers
    poppers

What was once just a song to me has taken on new meaning. I gladly share in your grief for your brother, and will think of you both whenever I hear it. Poppers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit