If you like EGGPLANT, what is your favorite recipe?

by Nathan Natas 17 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

If you fix it like Frenh Toast you can almost keep it down.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Second favourite, salt two sliced aubergines, leave to sweat. After 30 mins rinse them and pat dry on paper towel. Brown a chicken in oil, remove and brown the aubergines in oil, add large jar of sliced red peppers and the chicken, sprinkle in two teaspoons of sweet paprika, season with salt. Cover the pan and cook on low for one and half hours on top of stove. Serve with rice. Getting hungry here.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Chicken Little, yum!!! Chicken & Eggplant, perfect combo. I'll try that one.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

So wait, do you use a whole chook?

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

So wait, do you use a whole chook?

• Room 215
    Room 215

two ways...... the simplest is to thinly slice the eggplants lengthwise, brush with an olive oil-vinegar mixture seasoned with a bit of cayenne pepper, and grill. The second is "parmigiana", i.e. sliced thin, sauteed either breaded or plain, layered with mozzarella and/or thin provolone cheese slices, all in a baking dish and dressed with simple tomatoe sauce (either between layers or just on top), and baked for about a half hour.

• nelly136
    nelly136

whether its called eggplant or aubergine, the best recipe for them is to leave them out altogether, yukyuk bleh!

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

I'm a fan of Garlic & Sweet Basil Eggplant that I've eaten in restaurants here in Taiwan.

I'm not much of a cook, but I found the recipe online, if anyone's interested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit