If you like EGGPLANT, what is your favorite recipe?

by Nathan Natas 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I could think of no more pressing question to raise at this time.

Remember: the fate of MILLIONS may rest in your hands!

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

I thought only Australians called it eggplant? I have an amazing Egyptian Eggplant recipe. You fry up whole slices, put into a baking dish, then fry up 10 cloves of garlic with lots of olive oil, add a couple of green capsicums (peppers?) and 2 whole chopped chillis, the long red ones. Slightly brown them. Add in salt, pepper, two large spoons of tomato paste, splash vinegar and enough water to make a bit of a sauce. Pour it over the eggplant, arrange it a little so it mixes, and then bake it up in a medium oven for 20 mins or so. Serve with warm crusty Turkish bread. OH HELLO.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

PS Roughly chop the capsicums too, into large bits. Make sure you salt the eggplant a bit too, adds to the flavour. Trust me, this recipe is amazing..

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It sounds delish, hotchocolate. Except for the eggplant part

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

What does eggplant taste like? I vaguely remember my mom making it once or twice, but I have no idea what it takes like. Is it like squash?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

What does eggplant taste like? I vaguely remember my mom making it once or twice, but I have no idea what it takes like. Is it like squash?

It's like scientist somehow crossed zucchini with aluminum foil. Seriously, take away the slightly sweet taste of many squash plants and replace it with a slightly metallic taste.

• chickpea
    chickpea

we make an eggplant (aubergine) recipe similar
    to fried green tomatoes....

peel, slice rounds about 1/2 inch thick, dip in
    an egg/milk wash and cover in crushed cracker
    or seasoned bread crumbs

fry in butter or olive oil, low to med heat, til golden brown

to cop a phrase: OH HELLO!

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Six of nine, eggplant (aubergine) tastes like zucchini with alfoil? Okay, that's blasphemy right there.

You obviously haven't been doing it right. Eggplant needs to be cut first, then sprinkled with salt and left a little while till the juices come out. Then before you fry it, give each piece a squeeze so there is no juice left and fry in olive oil until well browned. The flavour like that is AMAZING... I dare you to not like this dish!

You serve it as a warm dip, spread on fresh bread, or stirred through pasta. I'd make it for you myself if I was in Djibouti.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I'm with Chickpea, my girlfriend from the country made that for me one time like that, it was delicious.

Snoozy

• chicken little
    chicken little

I love Aubergine.............as we call it here. Easy dish here............. poke a pin or squewer through a couple of aubergines, place them on a barbaque or under a grill; let the skin go black and the centre should be soft. Cool off the rub off the skin and put the flesh into a blender with juice of one lemon, lots of olive oil, salt and four large garlic cloves. Blend and adjust seasoning, serve with pita bread or toast and chopped corriander or parsley...........yum yum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit