Should I reply?

by wheelwithinwheel 31 Replies latest jw friends

• robson
    robson

you can do so of course try contacting him and try having a conversation one on one or something similar there a lot to talk about and tell them things you like about him like being there for you when you needed him and things like that. Also there is no point in an argument about religious beliefs until you guys have a stronger relationship then you would like to try to understand his feelings and he in turn yours. Once you feel he is not someone who will hurry and tell others about your situation start getting acquainted with his circumstances and see if you would help him.You can do more is up to how much you like him.

Regarding the message is an example of how the congregation is compared to this system of things the mother being the congregation well is just deceptive to some of us and the alligator being the God of this system can be visualize as an attempt to scare little kids cause we know what we will face if we turn our back on Jesus. For some brothers including me it touches deep in our hearts but once you know it has a completely different objective I don't think is right to treat the flock with scary arguments getting them to think there is only one choice and that been inside the congregation with their own views of things is just not right.

Try talking to him in person.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I would say 'what did the mother do when the gator started death rolling?'

I just tell people who forward crap like that to me to stop sending me spam, if they want to talk to me thats fine but don't send me spam.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    ...when the gator started death rolling?

It didn't go into a death roll. Jehovah evidently intervened...

• Think About It
    Think About It

I would reply back, "Why does it flash a message that says RELIGIOUS CULT when I open it?" It would make then think. It would drive them nuts thinking about who all they sent it to and you could always say it was just a joke if you get caught.

Think About It

• ziddina
    ziddina

Tell your friend that you're thankful for the 'heads-up', and you intend to avoid swimming in alligator country from now on...

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest MS, the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one! I love and identify with your response. No new scars and old ones too faded to "see." Loved it. Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

But, some
    wounds, my friend, are
    because Jehovah has refused to let go

Is my brain just weird or is the mother in the story supposed to be Jehovah? I think that is strange because it was the farmer who actually saved the boy. Who is the farmer, Jesus?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

That was pathetic.

• ziddina
    ziddina

The 'mother' in the story is supposed to be the "Mother" of all JWs, the Watchtower Borganization...

Like, when 'she' claws the typical JW by demanding blind, unthinking obedience, they're supposed to be 'grateful' because 'she's' hanging on so tightly... Like, when 'she' claws the typical JW by demanding that "loyal" JWs shun inactive, disfellowshipped and disassociated JWs in an effort to FORCE them back into the borganization...

Zid

• steve2
    steve2

Metaphors are powerful ways to make key points - if you're in therapy!

Ty to think of a metaphor that tells another powerful story: There was a little boy whose God-fearing parents taught him to be afraid of dogs. So he spent his younger years lving in fear of dogs. He was repeatedly warned by his well-meaning but not-so-knowledgeable parents that, despite what other people told him, all dogs were dangerous and to be avoided.

So he avoided dogs like the plague.However, to keep avoiding dogs he had to increasingly restrict his life. Soon his life revolved around fear-based strategies to avoid dogs. Despite this fear-based avoidance, he couldn't help but sometimes notice little children playing with dogs of all shapes and sizes. "How can this be?" he asked his loving mother. "Because Satan is trying to trick you into believing dogs are okay". "Wow!" he thought, "t's a good thing mother put me right!"

Yet as the years past and his hair thinned, his busy brain cells couldn't quite let go of the evidence before his eyes: Sure, he read the occasional article about a young child who was savaged by a rottweiler. But he read even more articles - and even saw firsthand - how loyal and friendly dogs were.

One day whilst walking to a meeting, he slipped and fell into a swamp. His parents had left for the meeting earlier so didn't know this had happened. He felt himself getting sucked deeper and deepr into the swamp and began screaming for help. But no one answered his cries for help. And then suddenly out of nowhere along came a St Bernard terrier. It bounded right into the swamp, swam furoiusly up to the drowning boy, grapped his sweater in his mouth and with the might of a pack of rage-driven dogs, pulled the limp boy out of the water. The boy was saved but confused...and frightened. The animal that was supposed to kill him had saved him. He now knew something disturbing that his parents had kept from him: Not only are most dogs perfectly safe, but they're man's best friend as well. He knew if he told his parents "who" saved him, they'd become angry with him. "You shouldn't have let the dog save you - now you're under Satan's influence" they'd say.He'd just tell them he slipped into the swamp and managed to get out himself. "Thank Jehovah!" they'd say as they held his cold wet body close to theirs.

The little boy also knew something frighteningly true but so liberating:

Sometimes those who love you the most would rather see you die than live a happy life in the here and now.

One day he knew in his chastened heart what he would do: He'd save up all his money, leave home for some place miles away, go to an animal shelter, find a St Bernard terrier to look after and love - and for the very first time ever, have a life worth living - free of superstitious fear and loathing. This hope kept him going until years later he rushed into the store, and to his utter astonishement, spied the very St Bernard that had saved him. Life would never be the same again; it would be a happy life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit