I made this for PropagandaTechniques on youtube but the folks here might like it...

by Tuesday 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!!! I just looked thru the site under "Watchtower"...

LOVE the T that says, "Brother Strong in the Truth is having a fling with Sister Long Time Pioneer" ... And "Isn't 'Door to Door' OBSOLETE?" with wolves in sheeps' clothing...

The first 3 pages under that look-up are interesting; the last 4 pages or so are mostly "Proud to be a JW"... Boooorrring...

I also liked "Jehovah is my homeboy"!! I'd like to see one that says "Jehovah is my Middle Eastern bee-yotch!"...

I'd like to see a "New Generation teaching" Tshirt that works for only ONE person wearing it - "I'm part of my father's generation of my grandfather's generation of my great-grandfather's generation of my great-great-grandfather's generation..." spiralling around the "rabbit hole" as it dissolves into infinity...

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'd also like to see one that says, "I'm a LITERATE Apostate - and I know MORE about your religion's origins than YOU do!!"

Or, "I'm a STUDIOUS Apostate..." Or, "I'm an Apostate that does RESEARCH - and I know MORE about your religion's origins than YOU do!!"

Hey, Tuesday, if you wanna do some of these - go ahead, I'm giving you WRITTEN permission... Of course, you're coming up with plenty of your own ideas!!

Zid

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I actually had this really funny idea for a shirt but I got my Harry Potter shirt pulled so I don't want to get my site pulled so I'm afraid to put it up. I want to have a shirt that says "I'm still afraid of demon-possessed smurf dolls" with a pic of a smurf with glowing red eyes.

The generation shirt idea sounds pretty funny, I'll have to come up with some more fun stuff. I really just like odd, quirky funny shirts. Did you like the shirts the way they look and everything?

• ziddina
    ziddina

I like the Tshirts!!! They're still drying; the ones that are full-price seem to be sturdy and well-made; I bought a couple "bargain" ones and they're lighter, perfect for summer!!

About your idea: "I'm still afraid of demon-possessed smurf dolls" ...

How about: ""I'm still afraid of demon-possessed BLUE dolls"...? That might get the idea across without crossing copyright or trademark boundaries...??? For a 'visual', you could simply print out the words like so - sort of: "I'm still afraid of DEMON-possessed BLUE dolls" with 'horns' on the "DEMON " part...

The "I'm part of my father's generation of my grandfather's generation of my great-grandfather's generation of my great-great-grandfather's generation... "

Would probably work best as a spiral on the front of the shirt. If you aren't going to do THAT one, could you give me some tips on how to do it?? I would LIKE to have that Tshirt - unless you come up with a BETTER version of the 'noo lite' "GENERATION" teaching!!!

Zid

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

The thing is with the smurf idea is I found out that younger generations than me only heard the story regarding troll dolls. So I might put one of them up to test the waters and see how it goes. I saw some smurf shirts on zazzle and I'm hoping I can get away with it because the shirt is hilarious.

I can do the spiral thing though I think that if you had the writing start big at the top and then slowly fades into a point at the bottom. I'll work on that tonight and I'll post it here. Any shirt type that you like as in color?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, goody goody goody!! Thanks for doing that!!!

Hope my budget can handle another shirt...

I go for high-visibility. Black ink looks good on white, light gray, red, pale blue, etc... Printing light lettering on dark fabric takes longer...

Black ink on yellow?? On orange??? I think I'll go back and see which shirt colors are available... Back in a bit...

Edited...

Well, I just looked at the site, and I chose the "custom digital printing" Tshirts section. There was no "unisex" Tshirt, so I looked at the ladies' and mens' sections ...

The ladies had a pink, a light grey, a white and an off-white - vanilla, probably. The mens had light yellow, goldenrod, ORANGE, red, and so on - quite a selection of colors, actually...

As I stated above, I tend to prefer dark lettering on light fabrics; reversing that to light lettering/dark fabric takes more layers of ink, therefore it takes longer to ship...

Let's go with BLACK LETTERING on a VANILLA or PALE YELLOWor GOLDENROD background... But too much 'black on yellow' and people will think they're seeing the "Bees" episode of SNL... Aaaargh. I would even go for black lettering on pale or medium blue, or red... Whatever works best for you; I just want it to be highly visible...

I wanna see the "smurf" shirt, too... Maybe that one should be black ink on a pale blue background...

Zid

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Some If....you're probably are a J.W T's could be fun

Like "If you believe it's necessary to write down and report the time you spend talking about God you're probably a J.W"

"If you believe reading the Awake! magazine for several years gives you the equivalent of a college education you probably are a J.W."

"If you believe God's throwing Satan out of heaven had something to do with WW1 in 1914 you probably are a J.W."

"If you believe everyone needs to examine their beliefs but know you are forbidden to examine your own you probably are a J.W."

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah, Hah!!! WheelWithinWheel, you come up with some good ones, too!!!

I'd like to have that: "If you believe everyone needs to examine their beliefs but know you are forbidden to examine your own you probably are a J.W...." on a Tshirt!!!

I've gotta wave at Tuesday and see if he's done something about that idiotic noo lite "Generation" teaching, yet...

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Nope.... Nothing up yet...

WheelWithinWheel, I liked all of your ideas.... I also particularly like "If you believe reading the Awake! magazine for several years gives you the equivalent of a college education you probably are a J.W...."

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit