Malawi vs Mexico vs Oath of Allegiance - Lastest article needs proof reading

by jwfacts 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have just completed an article that compares the situation of Malawi, Mexico and the Oath of Allegiance. It is based on Franz's chapter Double Standards and Jehovah’s Witnesses and National Oaths of Allegiance by Marvin Shilmer.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/malawi-mexico-oath-allegiance.php

If you notice any errors, please let me know.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Thanks for this information. I am researching the matter further and this helped.

My problem is how can I share this info with Witness family members. Most know of what happened in Malawi. But, not too many Witnesses understand the double standard used for the Witnesses in Mexico. I don't know of anything printed in the Society's publications on the matter.

• designs
    designs

The Society's venture into Antinomian theology rather than their usual Legalistic theology shows the callous and shallow sides of the Leadership.

Nice work NSW.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

My problem is how can I share this info with Witness family members.

The article I have done has some of the information on Watchtower letterhead. But they can find ways to claim it is not real, or some other excuse. Even if they do know, many JWs find ways to justify the matter, as they do with all the other issues surrounding the WTS. Once your family are ready to reason with you, then the Malawi scenario is very powerful, but until then it is not any easy topic to begin with.

• Mary
    Mary

An excellent but sorrowful read. Although it's been several years since I first read CoC, it never fails to infuriate me and turn my stomach when I read what the brothers and sisters needlessly went through in Malawi.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Just reading that made tears come to my eyes, I keep wondering how come I didn't know those things before getting baptized. I came in to the org in the 80's totally cold no prior contact so everything was new to me. I heard something about malawi but it was hazy nothing about mexico.

You realize you were out there thinking you had something special & good and you didn't know the half of it. It's so disturbing. I hate them for what they have done and continue to do.

• alanv
    alanv

Nancy, that is exactly the reason so many of us try to help witnesses to get out of it. They think we should just walk away from it, but I need to expose this awful religion whenever I can.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Just reading that made tears come to my eyes,

Reading the Watchtower accounts of the torture and murder that happened in Malawi is about a shocking as could be possible. Yet the Watchtower touts it as something to be proud of, an honor to Jehovah in the name of persecution. It is terrible that they proudly hold this up as an example of Christian faithfulness, rather than gullible following of misguided doctrine.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I remember sending letters to the officials in Malawi.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I recall hearing about 'the suffering of Malawian Brothers' in the 90's during Assemblies. Their courage was given as an example to all true christians. The YearBook about Malawi did the trick of highlighting the full spectrum of persecution they faced. I was then really touched to the heart. Now I see from a different perspect why this was not necessary in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit