Letter to Phoenix Suns owner about AZ immigration laws

by startingover 36 Replies latest social current

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

It's not about laws .... it's about who has power and money ... they rule ... and you WILL OBEY ... cuase they have the GUNS

• startingover
    startingover

Leavingwt,

Thanks for the post. How a nation is lost indeed.

• Opus92
    Opus92

believingxjw, you make the same point that I've often wondered about myself. I haven't been able to figure out a decent answer. The choice seems to be to either enjoy cheap labor and prices with illegal labor, or pay more for goods/services produced with American labor. Is there even a balance to be struck in this?

• freydo
    freydo

Gingrich: Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer Should Sue Feds

Friday, 30 Jul 2010 02:46 PM Article Font Size

In an exclusive Newsmax interview, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich backs Arizona’s new immigration law and says Gov. Jan Brewer “ought to promptly file suit against the federal government to make them pay for all the costs that Arizona’s dealing with — costs in schools, costs in prisons, costs in hospitals. If the federal government’s basis of it’s lawsuit is that it has sole responsibility, then it ought to have sole responsibility. If I were [Gov. Brewer], I’d present them with a bill for several billion dollars on behalf of the people of Arizona who are currently suffering because eof the incompetence and failure of the federal government.”

Editor’s note: See the clip below

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Arizona--immigration--Brewer--Gingrich/2010/07/30/id/366158?s=al&promo_code=A64E-1

• BurnTheShips
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The best thing about the AZ anti-Hispanic legislation is that all of the racist Crackers have taken off their masks and revealed themselves.

Mmmmm.

s are great smeared with jam!

BTS

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Many of them serve in needed jobs, jobs that most Americans would not do. And if those jobs should start paying higher wages who is going to go quietly to market and pay the higher prices

I understand the point. I also understand that what you're saying is that America would struggle economically without slave labor

Didn't we settle this issue in 1865?

• moshe
    moshe
    The choice seems to be to either enjoy cheap labor and prices with illegal labor, or pay more for goods/services produced with American labor.

When I was a boy people had their everyday shoes and their dress shoes, that was it. Kids might get a pair of Keds or Converse shoes for the summer. Their shoes were made in America, expensive by today's standards, but your local shoe cobler could resole them and away you would go for another couple of years. Marketing has convinced us we need cheap Chinese shoes to match every outfit. We can live within our budget using American citizen labor, it just has to go back to the way it was 40 years ago.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Regarding the low-paying, manual labor jobs. . .

With unemployment at 10%+, the market will resolve SOME of it. However, most of Congress does want a 'Temporary Worker' program that would allow registered aliens to come here and work. Congress will not, however, pass a "comprehensive" solution until the border is sealed and the existing Federal laws are enforced.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Congress will not, however, pass a "comprehensive" solution until the border is sealed and the existing Federal laws are enforced.

And well they shoudn't. Thus the need for SB 1070

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit