Convention Questions - No.5

by IMHO 21 Replies latest jw friends

• IMHO
    IMHO

Why do they have the prayers written out and read?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Cause ink is cheaper than holy spirit.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

They have the prayers written out? I've been to about 30+ DC's and never once noticed it written out... just saying, never thought they sounded like it was being read from a script... well, most of the time...

• fokyc
    fokyc

I wouldn't know that! How can you see them? Do you take a pair of binoculars?

• I quit!
    I quit!

Are the prayers written on the scoreboard when they have the conventions at sporting venues? Do they also post the score? Jehovah 10 Satan 0 or whatever the consider the score to be.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I had no idea they wrote the prayers down. That seems wrong. I always felt that prayer should be spontaneous, not scripted.

• yknot
    yknot

Oh come on...... the Convention is a WTS theatrical production, who just happens to use local performers alongside touring cast members.

"Mama" doesn't trust the Brothers........ if they go to far off the script and appear to do so with intent, the sound guys shut them down.

If any poster is doing sound for next season's CA or SPAD (or are just attending and are willing to make audios), PM me....

• IMHO
    IMHO

I noticed for the first time this year, so it may be something new.

Where I was sitting I was overlooking the stage, hence it became obvious, even without binoculars.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Cause ink is cheaper than holy spirit. ..."

LOLOLOL!!! I think Psychotic Parrot nailed it!!!

Seriously - well, sort of - I think Ynot's right... It's all about control, control, control...

Spontaneity is frowned upon in the bowels of the Watchtower...

Yes, the prayers are occasionally 'read'... I vaguely remember spotting that when I was a kid...

Zid

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

For grand boasting session prayer, I would have a few thoughts noted, but it wasn't a script I read. I don't know if anything has changed this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit