Take your Vitamin D, people.

by BurnTheShips 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

My wife was dangerously low. She had to have part of her thyroid destroyed with radioactive iodine because of nodules. Her liver was all out of whack, based on blood tests. She's darker skinned than me. She got put on supplements. I've got her sunbathing out behind the house while I do yard work, lately. Very minimally clothed, of course, to get the D up faster.

BTS

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

I had my thyroid surgically removed in 2003. It was a total disaster. To make a long story short, I ended up with paralyzed vocal cords and a trach. When one of my vocal cords recovered, the trach was removed. I can't sing anymore.

I had a mutinodular goiter. I didn't have hyperthyroidism. . . I don't know why the doctor didn't nuke mine.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Wow Mrs McD, that's a lot. Mine gave me 50,000 twice a month. How does it show up on your blood work? Does it list Vit A or another name?

Snoozy

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks for the info Burns. My husband suffers from polymyositis and fibromyalgia, which results in a lot of muscle pain and weakness. I'm gonna do a bit of research to see of Vit D supplements would help relieve some of my husband's symptoms.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

mrsjones..I have found that my bones hurt a lot less when I take the calcium (1,000 twice a day) and the fish oil (triple strength twice a day). That the Dr put me on besides the Vit D.
    I could swear that when I was just taking the vit d my joints actually hurt worse a few days later. After I added the fish oil and calcium they seemed to be better and more flexible. Much better climbing all those steps now. I spring right up them...lol

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit