The pieces finally come together

by man in black 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done to you ...sounds like you do some really worthwhile work there. Yes I know what you mean...thoughts like yours pass through my mind often these days... Loz x

• BANE
    BANE

Helping someone is a fine thing. The org has never said that it wasn´t. However helping someone get on the road to everlasting life is MUCH more rewarding. Their attitudes change. Their personality changes. They quit the ugly habit of smoking, drinking too much etc. I have never had the worn down service look. Even while knocking on not at homes in some cases because Satan says that I don´t love God by not doing this work. But it´s not true. Proving him a liar is wonderful too.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

bane ; the WTS is not the only cult that leads to folks making whole sale life style changes you are implying that they are the only ones, the prisons are full of convicts converting to Islam and Fundamental Christianity.

• ballistic
    ballistic

"Even while knocking on not at homes"... yeah I remember troopsing round homes during the day when no-one was in, what a complete waste of time. We used to ring twice as well and wait ages day dreamin or talking some jehooberish.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Bane says:

"Their personality changes. They quit the ugly habit of smoking, drinking too much etc."

Bane i was a little concerned about you , with all your "um yeahs" and the word "scripturizing"

i thought you were under the influence of something talking like that ,and it wasn't the Holy Spirit.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

MIB - One of my dogs is a therapy dog too. There is nothing better than they joy they bring to people who are suffering.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Plenty of people quit smoking and drinking on their own. Some do it through the use of medications or 12 step programs such as AA. Many a Christendom church member had a shady past that they have left behind. The Witnesses have always claimed this to be exclusive of their organization.

• Sobeit
    Sobeit

My contribution to this dialogue would be the maturity to look at former JW’s weaknesses and their snobbery and realize what imperfect human beings they were and nothing more. No more wondering what was my failing or shortcomings might have been; but that independent thinking gets you condemned and leads to some measure of wisdom eventually

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Your post brought a tear to my eye, (maybe I'm just over-emotional today) but I hope I can eventually get to that mental place where I can freely volunteer because I really want to & do it- not for the hours to report on a time slip-or not just to count down the morning- or look good to others- but...because it its the right thing to do to contribute to improving the human condition

I indentify much with Troubled Mind- I have been having a hard time finding something that I have a passion for; that will make my life more fulfilling- good luck to you!

Thanks for sharing MIB, I love dog stories too :)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

troubled mind and Coffee House Girl, you're already doing something good by contributing to this forum. If you develop no passion other than helping ex and exiting jws, you're doing A LOT. I've been active in helping out with charities and events in my local community, but nothing has been more fulfilling to me than reaching out to those hurt by the Watchtower cult.

@BANE:

However helping someone get on the road to everlasting life is MUCH more rewarding. Their attitudes change. Their personality changes. They quit the ugly habit of smoking, drinking too much etc.

Yes, BANE, it must be very fulfilling to represent a corrupt corporation that reviles smoking but covers up child molestation and domestic violence. Rock on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit