Can you "fornicate" with your marriage mate? I've heard the WTBTS says that you can. Is this true?

by ultrabimbo 54 Replies latest jw friends

• ultrabimbo
    ultrabimbo

Hi All:

Is it true that the current thinking of Jehovah's Witnesses is that you can "fornicate" with your marriage mate if you engage in sexual activity that is not approved by the writing department at Bethel? What are some examples?

ultrabimbo

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I remember a talk at the Service meeting about this topic. It was maybe 6 or 7 years ago. The elder giving the talk said that if you have oral or anal sex with your spouse, you are committing fornication.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

yup! 69 is fornication or it was to them I think its now a matter of conscience. To me is a matter of how horny I am :-)

• wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome ultrabimbo

I think that is one of the WTS many opinions that can't be backed up with facts.

CoC just did a good post on their opinions stated as facts you may want to look at that post.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Call me stupid, but can anyone show me in the Bible where certain acts between a married couple constitutes fornication?

If not, then it's an opinion from the WTS

• ultrabimbo
    ultrabimbo

I got out of the hive in '06, but since then I have read, and heard that a married couple could be guilty of fornication from the standpoint of the congregation if they were to practice oral sex, anal sex, even mutual fondling of each other's genitals etc. . Are they totally crazy or what? What is the scriptural reasoning? I have never seen one comment in the Bible about this. You would think that something so basic would at least merit a mention in God's Word, wouldn't you? Is this perhaps an attempt to provide a way for people to be "free to remarry" whose marriage mate has not been unfaithful? What's up?

ultrabimbo

• sir82
    sir82

I don't think the Society defines "fornication" in such a way that it includes sexual acts between persons married to each other.

In every definition I've ever read, there has to be some sort of sexual contact between persons not married to each other in order for it to count.

However, I have no doubt whatsoever that some sexually repressed elders, or even COs, have made statements in talks implying or even openly expressing that certain acts, even within a marriage, would constitute "fornication".

• wasblind
    wasblind

Well the GB states that : " They never make it a practice to express their own opinion on matters" and i can't find this bunk in the Bible so that means somebody's lyin'

I got this quote from page 133 in the Reasoning from the Scriptures book. The section where they are in actuality describing themselves as prophets.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Welcome to the board, ultrabimbo!

There are numerous references about the oral,anal, etc sex even between married partners. They even go as far as saying that you are committing fornication the moment you THINK about those (I believe if your thoughts are directed towards someone else than you marriage partner).

Anyway, loving provisions by old perverts, meddling in affairs they have no business meddling into....

• undercover
    undercover

I think Sir82 is correct on this one. The wording in the publications does not allow for sexual practices inside the marriage arrangement to be labeled as fornication.

That's not to say that they have not said that certain practices are improper and should not be done. They've even gone as far as to say that anyone who makes public that they share in, or advocates, certain practices can be counseled or even removed from the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit