Volunteer Injured While Working On A Kingdom Hall Construction Site

by Bangalore 22 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Probably posting along with us now.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

In the UK, a sister I knew fell off scaffolding, and was so badly injured, she couldn't walk for months.

PP

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Ghost of Teddy Jaracz says: "He will get a new, perfect body in the New System. He is deserving of death as a lowly sinner and should just be happy that he's lived this long and that he had the privilege to volunteer."

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

On my local news they said that the Crane either drove too close to the edge of a wooden ramp it was on or the ramp gave out beneath him. Worksafe b.c. was sent out to investigate the accident but were turned away because they have no jurisdiction on a volenteer worksite. The news reported that it is unclear who if anyone will be held responsible for this accident.

I thought it was interesting that they turned away provincial safety investigators. Wouldn't you want them to make sure everything was safe so as to give a good witness? I guess if you were trying to clean up a faulty ramp you would need some time to get your stories straight and to send home everyone that was involved in it's construction.

P.S. He is alive and in recovery this morning.

tt

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Thanks for the update,TT.

Bangalore

• wasblind
    wasblind

The WTS gets away with so much , i'm afraid this injured man is SCREWED.

• undercover
    undercover
    i'm afraid this injured man is SCREWED

Actually, it was a metal rod...

• nelly136
    nelly136

over here charity law requires that a charity has liability insurance for their volunteers being injured or dead in the course of their volunteer duties,

dont know how it works there.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Doval was a crane operator by trade until his retirement. Both Doval and the crane are certified, Middleton said, and the regional building committee is now filing investigation forms with their Toronto branch to begin insurance proceedings.

"We have insurance for all our projects," Middleton said.

A WorkSafe B.C. investigator has been to the work site, but volunteer work doesn't fall under WorkSafe's jurisdiction.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver_island_south/victorianews/news/99483964.html

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Washtowel Slaveholdery does all it can to prevent legitimate claims from being filed, and intimidates people for trying. And, they do whatever it takes to get out of, and then delaying and minimizing, payments. This is one more reason to not volunteer at these projects--especially since they use crap equipment, making it more likely to get hurt in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit