How Do You Deal With Stress??

by JerryTX 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

JerryTx:

I left the Borg in June and had the same sleeping problems. My mind was going a mile a minute and my life seemed so screwed up I didn't know which direction to go first. Every night I was trying to relive my life all over again. Sounds like you're trying to do the same thing. You need some PEACE, FOCUS, and TLC.

(1) If you are still a spiritual person, I highly recommend you watch Dr. Charles Stanley on TV. (www.intouch.org). My mother loves him and a friend at work also watches him. (Trust me! My mother is not impressed by much). He's a Baptist preacher out of Atlanta and I'd give my eye teeth to attend his church services in person. You can find his TV and radio schedules on the Web. Dr. Stanley really speaks to your heart and will give you such peace. Most of the time, I'm left in tears but they are "grateful" tears. I have to work on my head constantly. I tape every one of his TV shows. In my area, he is on Sun 8:00 a.m. He has the same talk on Sun night at 7:00 p.m. and the following Sat night 7:00 p.m. He's also on the radio.

(2) Pray for God to let His will be known to you. Basically, the past is gone, the future is not yet here (and in God's hands), so you can only focus on the present one thing at a time. God has a plan for each one of us and it's a better plan than anything we could dream up ourselves. He really knows what we need and what will make us happy. He wants us to be happy so just WAIT, don't fret, and let Him reveal it when it is the best time for you. Always pray for others but give God a chance to reveal His plan for you in due time.

(3) Additionally, I read books by Dr. Richard Carlson. His basic book is entitled "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...and It's All Small Stuff" and he has a whole series. They are short reads. Being a trained psychologist, he has a knack of clearing out the garbage and getting to the base problems that make us crazy. www.dontsweat.com. I'm currently reading "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff About Work" which is helping me focus my life and alleviate all the stress I'm causing myself.

(4) Also, EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE. It will help you sleep (and make you thin!)

(5) Take a hot relaxing shower before you go to bed and focus your thoughts only on the good things that are surrounding you or that have happened to you that day (there has to be someting!) Go to sleep with a smile on your face! You can figure out how to put it there.

The above will work for you. My e-mail is open.

Trot (((())))

"Wicked men obey from fear; good men, from love".... Aristotle. You can love and obey Christ without intervention from an organization.

• Nat
    Nat

I heard that Peace! =;o)

• Nat
    Nat

Oh and you can't possibly release all that build up, fucked up, emotional, dysfuntioning, out of your system without putting on Phil Collins *MAMA*

It's awesome.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Beat the shit out of something.

Just joking. TiChi i've heard is a great way to manage stress.
    i know several people who practice this and i'm going to give
    it a try.
    plm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit