Sd-7

by Pistoff 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Good to hear from you sd-7; I enjoy your posts.

The WT is all about drama and creating life and death, black and white situations, this I know from experience.

I hope to enlighten her without challenging her needlessly.

It is a mountainous challenge to get a witness to think about the WT in analytical terms, instead of as being God's voice on earth.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

SD-7, great way to spend the DC - one I'm sure you'll remember for many years and maybe even be able to quote a line or too for even longer.

Dark Side, I trust that pile of washing started to reduce when you bailed out.

Jamiebowers, got a reminder of your story on a recent thread - there are moments in life when someone in so called authority can be supportive or be plain evil. Sorry you had to put up with the latter.

MMXIV

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

@MMXIV:

Jamiebowers, got a reminder of your story on a recent thread - there are moments in life when someone in so called authority can be supportive or be plain evil. Sorry you had to put up with the latter.

Funny you should phrase things the way you did. Earlier today I emailed the supervisor who got me the help I needed to get out of a dangerously abusive marriage more than 20 years ago. In part I told her this:

"Other than the elders in my congregation, you were the first authority figure who knew what was going on. And you were the only one to take swift action. Had that not happened, I'm quite sure I would be dead by now. To tell the truth, I was more frightened of you than I was of my husband at the time, because you were a "worldly" person, someone not a Jehovah's Witness. But you seemed so determined to take action, I guess my survival instinct kicked in."

Sorry to go off topic, SD-7. It was talking to you today, dear heart.

• sherah
    sherah

Glad to hear that you are keeping your head up, SD-7.

Don't feel obligated to write about your home life in future posts if it makes you uncomfortable. You know the answers and in time you will have the strength to deal with your circumstances appropiately. Your thoughts and insights are missed, don't be stranger.

I would love to read your information on 1914, i hope you consider posting it. Check your pm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit