Sd-7

by Pistoff 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Anyone know where sd-7 went??

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Hope he posts soon. I enjoy his threads and posts.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

He's fine...just taking a break from JWN for awhile. We speak just about every day via email or phone. I'll let him know you asked about him.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    I'll let him know you asked about him.

Please do. I hope he's doing OK, I know things were pretty rough for him last time he posted.

Thanks Jamie!

• sd-7
    sd-7

I'm pleased to know that people care enough to ask. I'm just not sure how much I should say here, which seems a moot point, given all that I've already said.

Just returned from the district convention. This was my first year not attending. It was both sad and a relief. I don't know if I really enjoyed it much. I mostly spent the time watching R-rated movies and disappearing long enough for housekeeping to clean the room. (The Matrix Reloaded, The Terminator, and Terminator 2: Judgment Day were my movies of choice. I switched to Star Trek: Enterprise when the family was in the room. I have to say that R-rated violence is at least realistic--people do actually bleed when they die, unlike in a lot of PG-13 violence.)

I've said enough about my marriage to embarrass myself and to dishonor my wife. We're together, and that's what counts. It is too little, too late to even begin to relate how much poor judgment I've exercised in my posts on that.

Anyway, the new video is showing her about the organization's history, and she surprised me by some of the thoughts she expressed and her curiosity about said history (which she is largely ignorant of, by her own admission--I mean, who actually read the Proclaimers book, anyway? Not many, I would imagine). I hope to enlighten her without challenging her needlessly. She was surprised that I already had copies of the new publications--thanks to yknot's mysterious ally--and she even gave me a copy of the Jeremiah book. I appreciated that. The chapter on the new covenant is particularly revealing. Worth posting on, if I can come up with rational thoughts.

Been reading the new Oct. 15th WT. Also interesting.

I've written a 6.5 page treatise on 1914. If anyone's interested in reading something that long, I would like to post it here. But I'm in no hurry to do so. People have said enough about that issue. I doubt I have anything new or profound to say. I did use some newer source material, from recent WT articles, but so what?

I'm hoping to meet ex-JWs in my area in a couple of weeks. For now, things are fine. Quiet enough.

-sd-7

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'm struggling trying to keep my eyes open. Wanted to mention I'm happy your still hanging in there. I hope the best for you breh. Post that 6 1/2 page treatise on 1914. It's all interesting. I've found some of the most interesting threads were ones that didnt recieve much action in terms of posts. I don't think I'm speaking for myself by saying I like hearing other people's thoughts on 1914, or 607, etc.. I have to admit the "This Generation" threads were starting to get kinda old, but who am I. If that topic resonates with people and gets lurker's brains in overdrive, than its a good thing. Post that treatise!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Hey, dear heart, talk to you tomorrow. Email me if you're too busy.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Don't know you but from your post you sound like a decent guy. Good luck. Especially with the wife.

The JW/not JW thing didn't work out well in my marriage of 12 years and 4 kids. She wasn't going to change and neither was I.

I felt like a convict released from prison when I finally left.

Seriously, good luck

• Tristram
    Tristram
    I've written a 6.5 page treatise on 1914.

Only if it's written in your brilliant "Watchtowerease". Seriously though, would like to read it.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

SD-7, I think you should read closely what Dark Side wrote above. You are basically imprisoned in your own home, life, marriage.

I actually can't believe you've "endured" this long with the insanity and cruelty your JW wife has put you through. I don't know whether to commend you or slap the shit out of you for being your wife's punching bag.

At least you didn't sit through the DC. What a waste of time. Every day you prolong the inevitable is one more day lost that could have been spent looking for a good woman that would really appreciate you instead of using you.

- Wing Commander

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit